Mk3 Ibiza Cupra Hybrid Fast road/track car (21/05/12 - NEW BRAKE LINES + NEW CAR!!)

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
At's good.
Does seem a bit strange to stiffen up the rear to sort out understeer but it does on the Seat range
Sounds like you would have had fun this morning:)

So here is the update:

Before I started (well as you can see I was eager to start and forgot to take a picture before I had started the removal process):
DSC00244.jpg

Everything removed that was needed to be removed:
DSC00246.jpg

I didn't get a pre-paint photo but here it is in the oven:
DSC00247.jpg

And after I got the black wrinkle paint on, after 3 coats, first put on then 10 minutes before the second then 10 minutes before the last then into the oven at 100 degrees for 2 hours (with the door open as it wouldn't fit):
DSC00248.jpg

Another picture. I would have been happy to keep it like this as it looked awesome!:
DSC00249.jpg

Then after the blue has dried. I was slightly disappointed with the outcome as the wrinkle effect almost completely disappeared, and the blue isn't really dark enough for my liking:
DSC00250.jpg

Once I started fitting it, I started to really like it!
DSC00251.jpg

Fitted with the valves, but I thought screw them!
DSC00253.jpg

So off they came!
DSC00254.jpg

And the final result! Should have got my camera out at this point to get a good photo but you get the gist of it!
DSC00255.jpg

And a close up. Need to get rid of the other valve on the right there and replace it with a resistor, but it will do like that until I get them!
DSC00256.jpg

So comments anyone? It's not a perfect job but I wasn't really aimed for it to be spot on... Looks a thousand times better than it did anyway!! :funk:

cupramillo

The "Red Baron"
Feb 24, 2008
South London
Think a darker shade of blue would look better, still looks nice though. Get a blue forge tip aswell, will add abit more colour to your bay:)

Think a darker shade of blue would look better, still looks nice though. Get a blue forge tip aswell, will add abit more colour to your bay:)

I agree I would have rather had a darker shade. Might change it at a later date, but probably won't as I'm happy with the way it is.

I am looking for a blue TIP, have got a black one to get it mapped on then I will try and get a swap with someone :) I am also looking at replacing some more of the hoses with silicone.

Hammerite paint seems to smooth off the roughest of surfaces, still looks a lot better.

Yeah it does which was a shame as I spent a while picking out some paint! :( But cheers for the complement! :)

Just sold my 1.6!! About time as well. Got a good price for it though so I am a happy bunny! Sad to see it go... I suppose!

Last picture to remember her by:

DSC00264.jpg

Also got alot of new parts in today. A wee list:
mk5 golf rear wiper (fitted)
bonnet lifters (almost fitted, I got the wrong "prongs" with them :()
jetex open cone with blue silicone joining pipe
blue forge TIP :D
My replacement ballast for the HIDs (finally!)

I think that was all. So I can now crack on with my K03s replacement soon :D 2 weeks time probably, unfortunately :(

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.