Mk3 Ibiza Cupra Hybrid Fast road/track car (21/05/12 - NEW BRAKE LINES + NEW CAR!!)

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Ats a shame about the brakes but good news about the turbo.
There has been Ibiza Cupra R brakes for sale on here. Them teamed up with good discs and pads would make for good stopping power

l.e.o_05

Wow! Looks like you've put quite a lot of work into your baby.

Very nice!

Where do you plan on progressing after you get the brakes all ironed out? :)

Ats a shame about the brakes but good news about the turbo.
There has been Ibiza Cupra R brakes for sale on here. Them teamed up with good discs and pads would make for good stopping power

Haven't seen them yet. Will have to go and have a look. Bigger width brakes are always good!

Wow! Looks like you've put quite a lot of work into your baby.

Very nice!

Where do you plan on progressing after you get the brakes all ironed out? :)

Cheers buddy! Not that much money has gone in to be honest, it will have built up I'm sure if I count it all up though..!

Not sure where to go to be honest... Looking for some brakes and a rear anti roll bar at the moment. But after the remap there isn't much planned. Just enjoy it :)

Saying that she might get the hybrid treatment in the future I don't know.

l.e.o_05

Ah... Enjoying it... I always forget that's the end goal :doh:

To me the main joy comes from just plugging away at my ride once in a while and tweaking it... Maybe one day I'll finally be finished and happy with it...

I fear though that when that day arrives I'll end up getting something else so I can work on that then though :blink:

Ah... Enjoying it... I always forget that's the end goal :doh:

To me the main joy comes from just plugging away at my ride once in a while and tweaking it... Maybe one day I'll finally be finished and happy with it...

I fear though that when that day arrives I'll end up getting something else so I can work on that then though :blink:

Yeah when I say I'm just going to enjoy it doesn't mean that nothing will be done... just nothing major... I see brakes as not a major mod as they are easy to change... So there will be something to look out for! ;)

seems like you got lucky and unlucky with the brakes mate.

Get some brembos on there, it does make sense.

Just need to find some and work out the brackets! I have a set of APs that I bought for the 205 that won't be going on it so I might try and work something out with them :shrug:

Jun 17, 2007
Aberdeenshire
Chap on?

need to get my intercooler sorted and the hybrid on,

Can't have someone holding the number plates on with black tape passing me all the time.

Well...

fecking amazing!! I never knew the car could be that quick! Unbelieveable is the only word that I can think of! Just pulls and pulls, and oh pops off intercooler pipes! Bummer so I'm going to have to rethink my routing..! Going to replace all the pipes with silicone I just have to work out what to get.

Also had a wee problem that it would only boost to 5psi. So thought ah limp mode, so cooled her down, turned her off and switched it back on and no difference! So got vag-com on, came up with 5 faults, cleared them and all is good up to now! Just my seriously low fuel tank from playing with all that boost too much!!

Only small teething problems so far!

Guys at Motorwerks are great, great service! He is going to have a look at it tomorrow to see what may have caused the 5psi moment..!

Last edited:

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Brakes sound like the next logical thing.
Do you still feel the need for extra chassis stiffening

When your next forray onto the track, looking like I'll miss the 23rd but hope to make the 13th of September still, fancy

Brakes sound like the next logical thing.
Do you still feel the need for extra chassis stiffening

When your next forray onto the track, looking like I'll miss the 23rd but hope to make the 13th of September still, fancy

Recon you were falling asleep here Willie!! What's on on the 23rd and 13th??

The next track day we have is the 19th of Sep. Want to go before that but the old man isn't keen on the evening track nights... :(

I could do with an ARB but it's not desperatly needed just now so it can wait until I can pick up one for a reasonable price.

Just ordered another £70 worth of silicone/map tubing so this lot better fit and stay!! :headhurt: I will have other bits of silicone up for sale soon..!

tommy2008cupra

lookin good mate considering ko3s myself with cc 2 when i got the funds lol where did u source ur turbo mate? does it really feel that much quicker?

lookin good mate considering ko3s myself with cc 2 when i got the funds lol where did u source ur turbo mate? does it really feel that much quicker?

Got it from Edition. It feels unreal. Soooo much faster! But fair pay for it in fuel. It's ok off boost. But then giving her full 20psi :drive2:

Itching to get this pipework, if you thinking about it you need to sort out your intercooler first.

tommy2008cupra

my pipe work is bang on now all tight with all new forge clips, had my bumper off so many time lol but happy wid it now, how much u pay for the turbs?

tommy2008cupra

i wish i could find a good one for that price, cant really find many tbh have considered buying a new one but prob not worth it for like 500 sheets lol

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise