GORDZ's Platinum Grey Mk1 Leon TDI 110 - Finally an Update 6/3/11

Gordz

Caught The Mod Bug Again!
May 31, 2007
North East
Yeah I thought about the large LEON across the back, but unsure because quite a few saxos, fiestas, corsas have copied that style, and so kinda put me off!

Hmmm, decisions decisions! I'm sure whatever I end up doing it'll change within 6 months anyway! lol. I get bored with stuff quickly, although I suppose we all do, if we didn't then non of us on here would mod our cars!

Gordz

May 31, 2007
North East
go for it, i just got ride of the L E O N badge initially but after seeing a couple of completely debadged ones at weekend i'm going the whole hog and getting rid of the cupra and R badges. Looks so much cleaner if you like

The more I see other Leons on here that are debadged the more I'm liking it, I think if weather is half decent tomorrow I'll give it a go. Just hot water, dental floss and bit of elbow greese! Nice cheap mod anyway, which is what I love :D

Leave it debadged for a bit see how I feel, if I like it then great, if not then will just stick badges back on! Simple!

Gordz

May 31, 2007
North East
I've Debadged it!!!!!

Right, well after an initial down pour of rain it turned out to be quite a decent day today... so... I stole some dental floss, got some hot water, some WD40, and I was ready to begin my first debadging attempt!

And it actually went really really well! Gave car a good clean and polish too afterwards and you can't tell at all that the badges were there. I'm very impressed with it if I don't say so myself :happy:

I left the 'TDI' badge on... but after seeing the photo now I think I'll take that off too! Liking the clean look of the back, especially since I can properly polish the whole of the boot now, looks smart. Even though picture from phone, you can see the awesome mirror effect I had going on :D

debadge.jpg

Gordz

May 31, 2007
North East
For such a simple cheap mod, it makes a huge difference! Loving the smooth surface. No more sponges getting ripped on the badges now! lol

Gordz

May 31, 2007
North East
Cheers! I love cheap mods, so much more satisfying when you get them finished :)

I'm planning on getting rid of the 'TDI' badge aswell, everyone agree with this? Just think it will complete the clean smooth look of the rear.

Gordz

May 31, 2007
North East
mate. whats goin on, Not representin the Derv leon's anymore at VWNW?? How come??
Was lookin forward to puttin a face to a name :(

I know I was really looking forward to it! :cry:

But for my Dad's work as a summer job I've been working every now and again driving their van around to events etc, and starting this Monday is the start of a 2week tour of the U.K of us going to cities and giving out free Calypso drinks... anyway... They've now kindly decided to add an extra couple days to the tour, which includes the 9th August [:@]

Suppose the only good that comes out of this is that I end up with more money for more modding!

Seriously gutted though that I can't make it to VWNW, would have been a right laugh. Was getting my car perfectly clean and everything, but just given up on that now! lol.

Gordz

May 31, 2007
North East
before and after pics would be interesting to see.

when I get back from the tour, I may give it a good proper clean, then drive somewhere nice to take some decent photos of it. Always like doing that.

Gordz

May 31, 2007
North East
New Photos of my Rear End ;-)

Today I completed my debadging by finally removing the 'TDI' badge.

I then had custom stickers made for me to go just to the left of the rear wiper. And in my opinion it looks brilliant! Works really well I think!

leon1003.jpg

leon1scn.jpg

leon1scn2.jpg

I love it, but what's everyone elses thoughts? Got a feeling that this is gonna be a 'marmite mod' lol!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.