Mk3 Ibiza Cupra Hybrid Fast road/track car (21/05/12 - NEW BRAKE LINES + NEW CAR!!)

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Tomorrows job is all ready to go. Wilwood Midilite calipers, Mintex M1144 pads, Badger5 braided hoses, Motul RBF600 brake fluid.

DSC00325.jpg

:funk:

Brake set-up will be complete once I tear these pads apart, which will hopefully tie in with the release date of the Ferodo DS2500 pads for them. Then also once I warp the standard discs with these bad boys I will get some brembo grooved pads from Bill :)

Willie you will be proud!
Aye your doing really good. I like the way you have went about this project.
I just hope that when you have these bits on you can sit back and enjoy the car without having mod it even more.
I'm sure your bank account balance will force this.
Looking forward to a spin we you in the Ibiza

Aye your doing really good. I like the way you have went about this project.
I just hope that when you have these bits on you can sit back and enjoy the car without having mod it even more.
I'm sure your bank account balance will force this.
Looking forward to a spin we you in the Ibiza

Cheers bud! The comments make the blood and sweat so much more more while. I know everyone says the same like but it does!

I will never be finished modding it really. There will always be "something" else to do. If not I will have to have another project as it's an addiction to me...

But yeah lets just say the summer job is helping out alot on the funds, but it won't last forever unfortunately... :(

Bummer! Took one side of the brakes off today just to find that the threads of the bolt to hold the bracket for the wilwoods on are too big :( thought about using the standard bolts to realise only 3-4 threads would be biting, so I thought screw that! So going to phone Rally Design tomorrow and see if I can get different ones swapped.

Wasn't that annoyed as it doesn't take long to whip them on and off. Bloody hell the calipers with pads in are a tight fit around the discs!! :O Won't get any bigger than 22mm in anyway that's for sure..!

Jun 17, 2007
Aberdeenshire
Sounds like a dodgy mechi fitter Willie? Ha ha,
Good you will now have good stopping power.

I take my hat off to you the amount of progress you have made in such a short space of time.

4 threads should be alright fitted with Loctite
That is plenty bite as long as the bolt head bottoms out as well you'll be fine.

I might have another look at how many actually go through and trial fit it and see how I feel about it after that.

I take my hat off to you the amount of progress you have made in such a short space of time.

Cheers bud! Catch tank fitted then I should be good for a while :)

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland

HaHa, seems to have worked okay on my car, lol

I might have another look at how many actually go through and trial fit it and see how I feel about it after that.

All you need is 1 1/2 times the bolt OD to give the maximum strength on the connection.
So measure the bolt OD, measure the thickness of the piece that this bolts into and do the maths.
If it's four threads and there quite chunky thread it sounds like enough to me.

Well got her rolling roaded yesterday! Quite happy with the final result!

229 bhp (@ 5486rpm) with 249.2 lbft of torque (@ 3299rpm).

207.3 bhp at the wheels :)

As you can see from the fuelling graph that it leans off over 5000 rpm but the guy at the rolling road thinks it would be the fuel pump can't cope, so a LCR one is now on the cards!

Here are the graphs:

SCAN0003.jpg

SCAN0004.jpg

And here is a video (nice flame at the end of the 2nd run :)):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JQgCpLC18Q (now in HD)

Last edited:

Matt S!

ovni ibiza cupra 1.8T
Apr 9, 2007
stoke-on-trent
Fit a LCR fuel pump, get it rolling roaded again, and then compare graphs?

Would be good to see if it makes any difference ....

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Nice flames:)
Should have gotten a spin fae you.
Next meet
I'll PM you when I get a price for the fuel pump, keep your eye on ebay etc for one too

tommy2008cupra

hmm my car was dyno'd in 5th gear? think that would make a difference?

Deleted member 39269

Well got her rolling roaded yesterday! Quite happy with the final result!

229 bhp (@ 5486rpm) with 249.2 lbft of torque (@ 3299rpm).

207.3 bhp at the wheels :)

As you can see from the fuelling graph that it leans off over 5000 rpm but the guy at the rolling road thinks it would be the fuel pump can't cope, so a LCR one is now on the cards!

Here are the graphs:

SCAN0003.jpg

SCAN0004.jpg

And here is a video (nice flame at the end of the 2nd run :)):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LchzZGjZhlA

is that wallace performance in aberdeen? if so can they map a ko3's?

cheers

Cheers buddy, think I have got one now from someone on E38 ;)

is that wallace performance in aberdeen? if so can they map a ko3's?

cheers

I would get it done at either Checkpoint (Revo) or Motorwerks (Custom Code). I think wallace are more jap cars.

hmm my car was dyno'd in 5th gear? think that would make a difference?

Wouldn't think they would have dyno'd it in 5th..! :blink: I thought more 3rd/4th was what they used.

Deleted member 39269

Cheers buddy, think I have got one now from someone on E38 ;)

I would get it done at either Checkpoint (Revo) or Motorwerks (Custom Code). I think wallace are more jap cars.

Wouldn't think they would have dyno'd it in 5th..! :blink: I thought more 3rd/4th was what they used.

where abouts are those two places located? sorry for all the questions :help:

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.