Mk3 Ibiza Cupra Hybrid Fast road/track car (21/05/12 - NEW BRAKE LINES + NEW CAR!!)

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Don't compromise on the quality of the discs and pads Josh. A good brake set up can be spoilt or bettered depending on these pieces.

Don't compromise on the quality of the discs and pads Josh. A good brake set up can be spoilt or bettered depending on these pieces.

Tut tut,

surley you would want the best stoping power to go with the go go power?

I will be getting brembo epically grooved discs once mine are worn, only reason for selling the other discs is that they are 256mm... Also getting Mintex pads until Ferodo bring into production the DS2500 for the Midilites (which I have moved on a wee bit :), now be a couple of months)

Have you seen this thread yet? he does have a well setup ko3s, just though i would point it out.

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=233231

Yeah there are so many different figures, so I really don't know what to expect to be honest.

Thats an amazing torque graph for such a small quick spooling turbo.
Sod the BHP give me Torque like that and I'd be well happy.

She does feel like it's got ALOT of torque so be interesting to see.

The MAF seems to have stopped not working and is working like a dream now! The car is superb and sooo much fun! So I will be going along later in the week to get the map refreshed for piece of mind.

tommy2008cupra

hows the ko3s goin mate, i picked one up the other day and hopefully will be goin on shortly :funk:

tommy2008cupra

aww thats good man, does it feel alot more torquey then than the ko3? does it really hold power for longer? turbo diagram from where? lol picking up all bolts gaskets etc tonight :)

aww thats good man, does it feel alot more torquey then than the ko3? does it really hold power for longer? turbo diagram from where? lol picking up all bolts gaskets etc tonight :)

From a SEAT dealer. Holds the power for much longer! Haven't taken her right the way to the red line but has never dropped under 17psi up to 5.5k. It's good brilliant torque too! Easy pass stuff in 5th.

tommy2008cupra

o rite lol im gettin parts from tps, aww ur gettin me all excited now! its sat in my garage waiting to go on

daves ibiza

glad to see your happy mate car should be alot better now is the turbo in good condition when she goin on feller

tommy2008cupra

ye mate good condition no shaft play etc turbine in good nick :), whenever ur coming round to fit it mate lol im off next week if u wana give it a bash?

daves ibiza

when ever you want mate im always happy to help lol say this saturday if you want . day to get dirty:lol:

do a few bypasses while where there isit pal you want me to order some resistors for you pal

Last edited by a moderator:

tommy2008cupra

nice one dave prob be next week i got the week off init, already dun the bypass mate piece of pi$$ lol

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=233227

Josh might be interesting for you.
Dunno if it's a good price or not, depends on the condition and amount of use

Cheers but...

DSC00324.jpg

And yes that is my hand holding them so I actually have them!! :D Braided hoses on the way. Then need to work out how much to space the bracket out by, then I'll be good to go!
I love how the pads are held in! Might be able to get away without taking the calipers off to change them! [B)]

Also a pointless picture of my extra pipework for my intercooler to make it flow better, but primaruly so they won't pop off all the time! Fitted for a few days now and so far none have popped off! :)

DSC00318.jpg

Any guesses to how much that little lot set me back??

Last edited:

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Callipers about £150 each?
Hoses £30?
Also you shouldn't need the callipers off to change the pads, just the discs. But how often do you change one without the other?
I never do. Always have to change both at the same time.
Well apart for this time coming where the pads have taken SERIOUS abuse on KH slowing from 110MPH

Last edited:
Callipers about £150 each?
Hoses £30?
Also you shouldn't need the callipers off to change the pads, just the discs. But how often do you change one without the other?
I never do. Always have to change both at the same time.
Well apart for this time coming where the pads have taken SERIOUS abuse on KH slowing from 110MPH

Pah. Hoses and MAP tube came to around £70 :(

Calipers weren't so bad though. Got them off E38 for a reasonable price. Brand new never used :) Will let you know at the rolling road day.

Tomorrows job is all ready to go. Wilwood Midilite calipers, Mintex M1144 pads, Badger5 braided hoses, Motul RBF600 brake fluid.

DSC00325.jpg

:funk:

Brake set-up will be complete once I tear these pads apart, which will hopefully tie in with the release date of the Ferodo DS2500 pads for them. Then also once I warp the standard discs with these bad boys I will get some brembo grooved pads from Bill :)

Willie you will be proud!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members