Gordz

Caught The Mod Bug Again!
May 31, 2007
North East
TDi Tuning box? Induction? Strut Brace?

Jimski

Almost bought strut brace other day!

Close to Induction kit....

I've ordered a Pipercross performance panel filter. And when fitting it I'll be putting in a cold air feed, and possibly smoothing air box too!

Filter was only £30, and just sold an old phone for £27, so thought I'd treat myself, well my car anyway! lol.

Gordz

May 31, 2007
North East
green cotton air filter;)

Really wanted to get green cotton filter, but couldn't justify spending around £60 for it, when got this Pipercross one for £30!

I'm sure there can't be too much difference in quality between the two anyway!

Gordz

May 31, 2007
North East
I think i will be getting one of those very soon. Overdue a service, but dont get paid till christmas eve! :( Let us know how it is mate :)

That's why decided to splash out on an air filter, as I've got (an apparently) big 80k service coming up next week! So thought they're just gonna charge me for a replacement crappy paper filter anyway, so was perfect time to get a decent one myself!

Gordz

May 31, 2007
North East
Pipercross Performance Panel Filter

Received my Pipercross Panel Filter today (well, when I say received, I had to que for 15minutes at the bloody sorting office to get it!!!).

Anyway, got it fitted straight away, and not really noticed any significant huge difference, but noticed a few subtle things:

1.) Seems to be slightly less turbo lag
2.) When cruising at a certain speed and then put foot down (without changing down gear), I get a faster power surge than before. (e.g. going from 50 to 70 in 5th gear)

Not very exciting pics, but here we go:

Photo-0001.jpg

Photo-0003.jpg

Notice all the leaves & crap I cleaned out from inside the air box!!! Was like a garden in there!

brightsideteeem

I'm not like you guys...
my seat badge was missing on my engine cover... then i found it stuck to the cylinder block with oil and crap :lol:

remind me if yours is a 110 or not mate? Just noticed you dont have the red I on the cover aswell? I'm sure mine had a red I... :think:

looks good though anyway mate, Ive been looking at Apexi filters, they seem quite good aswell..

Gordz

May 31, 2007
North East
The badge was missing on my ibiza engine cover too! I guess they're just not stuck on that well!

Yeah it's a 110 SX. It had a red I on the badge on rear (before I got rid of it!), but not on the engine cover!

Alexis27

Dec 20, 2009
Manchester
Looks great! I pick mine up on Tuesday - it's the same colour.

Ever considered adding the three chrome surrounds to the front? Mine are in the post and I've just bought the Fabia rear wiper conversion kit off ebay.

Gordz

May 31, 2007
North East
Looks great! I pick mine up on Tuesday - it's the same colour.

Ever considered adding the three chrome surrounds to the front? Mine are in the post and I've just bought the Fabia rear wiper conversion kit off ebay.

Fabia rear wiper is an essential I reckon! One of first things I did too!

Still unsure about chrome surrounds, seen some where it looks stunning, and some where it looks pants! Not seen one on a platinum grey leon before though, so will have a wee look at how yours turn out!!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.