Mk3 Ibiza Cupra Hybrid Fast road/track car (21/05/12 - NEW BRAKE LINES + NEW CAR!!)

cupramillo

The "Red Baron"
Feb 24, 2008
South London
They look like a niiiice set of arse-hugging seats you got there mate. Nice amount of side to side support aswell by the looks of it too. Good find!

Daymo

Low and Slow..
Jul 22, 2008
Scarborough/Sheffield
looks like your doing well with the mods on your car, hopefully i'll have a placement next year at uni, so the student loan in april will be going towards a cupra, or i may be going jap and gettin a 200sx :) anyway keep up the good work mate, the car looks brilliant :clap:

They look like a niiiice set of arse-hugging seats you got there mate. Nice amount of side to side support aswell by the looks of it too. Good find!

I was well excited when I found them! I sat in a set in a local shop and they were unbelievably comfortable! Fit me perfectly! So I'm looking forward to getting them in this weekend :)

looks like your doing well with the mods on your car, hopefully i'll have a placement next year at uni, so the student loan in april will be going towards a cupra, or i may be going jap and gettin a 200sx :) anyway keep up the good work mate, the car looks brilliant :clap:

Cheers bud. Been going a bit slow recently but I have been buying stuff ;) Have another engine tidy up mod before I get some more pictures but it's looking ALOT better now :) Just the royal mail have to find the parcel that they lost...

Yeah keep it up dude looking good! :clap:

Cheers bud!

Not really updated this in a while! With there being so much snow (well over 12 inches...) it is proving quite difficult to do anything. Although I have a garage all the snow underneath the car isn't appealing...

I have just bought myself 3 Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2s (one is buckled) which I am going to use on the front with my Toyo R888s fitted. It's like having another pair of shoes for the car :)

I have myself booked onto Knockhill on the 6th of February which I am planning on taking the Ibiza instead of the 205.

Just changed the oil yesterday and was going to dial in -0.5 degrees of camber and check the rest for my trackday but my mate is a lazy bugger. I also changed the fuel filter for piece of mind since it was like £6...

I am on 2 minds weather I am going to go for the hybrid or weather I am just going to save my pennies and save for something that can handle alot more power for less money... I.e. a Subaru or Evo, but I am staying put until I see what happens with the complaints I had about my overtaking in the summer...

I will get more pictures of the car once all the snow goes and I get her clean again ;)

Oh and happy new year to everyone ;)

RubenD

I like your motor, but how did you swap the standard aerial for a short one? I can't take mine of, I can only loosen it and lay it flat...

stupac

Hybrid Mk3 Power
Aug 10, 2007
Aberdeen, Scotland
Hi Josh, liking the direction your taking the ibiza, looks good :)

oh and knockhill on the 6th, see you there :) will be good to have a look round your car in the flesh, if you approve that is :)

Hi Josh, liking the direction your taking the ibiza, looks good :)

oh and knockhill on the 6th, see you there :) will be good to have a look round your car in the flesh, if you approve that is :)

Cheers bud. Your more than welcome to have a look round the car! :) Is needing a few things done to tidy it up but it runs well and that's the main thing in my books!

Are you going to be on the track on the 6th? If not I might steal your turbo when your looking at my car ;)

Going to get my tracking done tomorrow for Knockhill. Not wanting my 888s ruined and want as much grip as I can get :) Might see if I can get them to throw on some track rod ends that I have bought. It doesn't need them but I might as well do it while I'm getting the tracking sorted!

888s are fitted to the wheels so now just waiting on non-radius seat bolts for it and I will be set to go.

Also bought some proper spacers instead of universal. I have been getting messed around by Venom Motorsport for a good few months saying that FK say they aren't in stock. Then I just went to FK direct and they are on their way :)

Also bought some grooved discs for the front. Might also fit the braided hoses and get a garage to pressure bleed the system, if not go and buy myself a pressure bleeder.

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Going to get my tracking done tomorrow for Knockhill. Not wanting my 888s ruined and want as much grip as I can get :) Might see if I can get them to throw on some track rod ends that I have bought. It doesn't need them but I might as well do it while I'm getting the tracking sorted!

888s are fitted to the wheels so now just waiting on non-radius seat bolts for it and I will be set to go.

Also bought some proper spacers instead of universal. I have been getting messed around by Venom Motorsport for a good few months saying that FK say they aren't in stock. Then I just went to FK direct and they are on their way :)

Also bought some grooved discs for the front. Might also fit the braided hoses and get a garage to pressure bleed the system, if not go and buy myself a pressure bleeder.
Do all of the above before the 6th to be 100% happy.

Why are you fitting spacers?

Do you need these to clear your callipers?

Did you get round to fitting your new seats that you bought, might have missed this update?

Do all of the above before the 6th to be 100% happy.

Why are you fitting spacers?

Do you need these to clear your callipers?

Did you get round to fitting your new seats that you bought, might have missed this update?

Yeah need 6mm spacers to clear the Wilwoods. I have universal ones on at the moment but give a hell of a feedback!!

New seats are fitted and have been for a while ;) Great things! Only problem is I am anal about keeping them mint condition! Especially the side bolsters as they are huge!!

Well I did a few jobs that have been on the cards for far too long!!

First on was changing my air filter that I have had sitting in the garage too long. So I fitted the Jetex in replacement of my Dynatwist and oh my god is it good! So much louder DV and turbo noise!!

DSC00394.jpg

Next up was braided fuel lines. I have also has these for a while just been waiting for ages for the finishers! Got F'd over by motorsport engineering and still have no finishers or refund from them...

DSC00395.jpg

Overall engine bay to the day:

DSC00396.jpg

And then after another long wait from Venom motorsport after sending me 5mm spacers instead on 6mm, then saying they couldn't get 6mm from FK, then for me to order them straight from FK and get them within a few days... I finally got the universal spacers off for some nice FKs :)

DSC00392.jpg

DSC00393.jpg

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise