Mk3 Ibiza Cupra Hybrid Fast road/track car (21/05/12 - NEW BRAKE LINES + NEW CAR!!)

Alright mate

Ive got a mk5 golf wiper arm and blade in my garage. Held it up to the car the other day and it looked like there was to much of a bend in the arm for it to fit.

Did you have to modify the arm at all?

No I didn't have to modify it at all. Well the cup sometimes needs a trim but I did this just by rubbing it on a rough surface.

Ok not an update as such but a plan!

The clutch is starting to slip on full tilt, so after hearing that the dual mass flywheel is crap I thought I would go about sorting that out! So I have managed to locate one on E38 for a reasonable price (most seem to be asking £70+ for it when they are not much more from the dealer..!) and just ordered myself a LUK Mk3 Golf VR6 clutch kit for a very good £88 delivered :)

Got it washed as well since I am at home this weekend eith lack of washing facilities down in Glasgow!

Also looking into BFI engine and transmission mounts since they are well under Vibra Technics mounts!

Got some Toyo R88s to go on as well which will be a big improvement over the Toyos I have on at the moment! Won't be going on until after winter though for obvious reasons! I am going to get some negative camber dialled in as well when I get them fitted.

AND I still have to fit my INA manifold.

Oh there is also something else I am VERY close to doing which has been on the cards for a while now, but again probably won't be happening until after winter.

DSC00353.jpg

DSC00354.jpg

Looking god josh, just not a fan of that crackle paint on the charge pipe.

Whys your check valve floating so far back?

Yeah I wasn't sure about it either. It's growing on me! Planning on doing the inlet as well.

The check valve is there because I wan't to keep all my hoses off the top of the rocker. Needs a good clean and a few more hoses bought. I am accumulating all the stuff to do my catch tank and also going to look into fuel hoses.

Dropped the car off today to get my G60 flywheel and VR6 clutch installed. All for under £200 (fitting costs that is). Happily pay that rather than messing around for days!

No comments as yet as I haven't gave it full tilt yet as I'm wanting to bed it in for a bit first (do I have to with a new clutch I don't know). But the clutch is MUCH smoother as is the gearbox (weather or not that is just the new fluid).

Also got some proper 6mm FK spacers through today so will be getting rid of the universals that are on just now.

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Yup, bed this in.
I was told to save the engine deceleration, use the brakes.
Also save on harsh acceleration and accelerating hard from low down the revs.
Just to try and stop putting too much strain on this where the torque is high until you've one 1,000 miles +
This might differ from clutch to clutch

Yup, bed this in.
I was told to save the engine deceleration, use the brakes.
Also save on harsh acceleration and accelerating hard from low down the revs.
Just to try and stop putting too much strain on this where the torque is high until you've one 1,000 miles +
This might differ from clutch to clutch

Yeah I'm just going to go easy on it. Really wish I had got it fitted before going down to london now! Would have been run in!!

Got a 007P for myself so put that on today. Heard people saying it sounds better the wrong way round but I heard no difference? Replaced my SplitR for it and they sound much and much the same (SplitR was set to fully recirc anyway).

Turns out my 6mm FK spacers were 5mm ones so will have to get those replaced... :censored: Shame as I sold the universal ones that are on my car at the moment so I will have to keep the guy waiting.

Getting all my stuff through for my catch tank so some updates will be coming next week hopefully!!

Jun 17, 2007
Aberdeenshire
So you finally ot a clutch and flywheel aftyer your random txt asking if i knew of anyone, not think i would have it. :lol:

If oyu needing any pointers with the catch tank am here to give some advice, emptied mine again it was over flowing som crap come out of them.

So you finally ot a clutch and flywheel aftyer your random txt asking if i knew of anyone, not think i would have it. :lol:

If oyu needing any pointers with the catch tank am here to give some advice, emptied mine again it was over flowing som crap come out of them.

I think I have it sussed now cheers wilz! Hows the hybridisation coming on?

Oh and I picked up some LCR injectors today... What could they be for!! :confused:

Jun 17, 2007
Aberdeenshire
What resistors you used for the carbon canister? Good man all the little detils count.

Let me guess youve taken the long route to going hybrid like i said you would. Or your going to be kind and give the injectors to me!

What resistors you used for the carbon canister? Good man all the little detils count.

Let me guess youve taken the long route to going hybrid like i said you would. Or your going to be kind and give the injectors to me!

330 ohm 10W resistors. I bought 10 for some mad reason so I have 8 spare at the present moment!!

Pretty much yeah taking the scenic route to hybrid I suppose!! Just the 2 main more expensive mods left (i.e. K03 hybridisation and remap..!). Probably need a better intercooler as well. So looking around about £1000 in total if I want to do it...

Well tonight I decided that this deal was too good to miss seeing as I have been looking for a set for over a year now! Found some Cobra Daytonas in blue with leather outers.

CobraDaytonaSeats.jpg

They will hopefully be with me soon and hopefully I won't get F'd over like I have many other times with buying other stuff that I really want!!