GORDZ's Platinum Grey Mk1 Leon TDI 110 - Finally an Update 6/3/11

Gordz

Caught The Mod Bug Again!
May 31, 2007
North East
Right a long with my amazing custom sticker, I have some mods that will be getting purchased very very soon (probably next week)...

Autogauge (black smoked one)
Front Upper Strut Brace
LED Fog Lights
Ring Xenon Max Dipped Beam Headlights

Autogauge & strut brace will be used from ebay (so nice and cheap) - all in all shouldn't cost anymore than about £40 for everything :D (which just happens to be exact amount of money I won on an accumulator bet the other day and forgot to check my betting account till today!)

Gordz

May 31, 2007
North East
Yeah I know a bit of drilling is involved. But it's only the suspension struts anyway. Can't be seen ;)

Gordz

May 31, 2007
North East
if thats the case why put a strutbrace there? :p

Katie, my other half, said that to me, as Ive spent about 5hours polishing my new charge pipes haha

"why you polishin them? its not like anyone is gonna see them bleh bleh bleh" :lol:

To be honest, I kind of agree, lol, I don't really bother making engine bay look nice, just as long as it's practical and gets me goin quicker [B)]

And strutbrace not for looks anyway, well, not in my case, just want car to handle better, but don't fancy messing around with suspension springs and lowering as I ruined my Ibiza doing that! :whistle:

Gordz

May 31, 2007
North East
Couple of things arrived for me in the post today:

Genuine SEAT boot tray & my custom stickers!

Boot tray not an exciting mod, but very practical and my boot is nice and tidy now, don't have little bits and bobs rolling around which is nice :) as i hate rattles!

Sticker looks pretty good, but not got round to fitting it yet (waiting for it to stop being so windy here so I don't mess up sticking it on!)

Gordz

May 31, 2007
North East
Bit of an update...

Didn't win stuff I was bidding on ebay :cry: so strut brace & boost gauge will have to wait for another time!

Stuff ordered and still waiting to arrive:

LED fog lights
SCN stickers (went for silver option, was going to get chrome but wasn't keen on the shinyness of it!)
HID conversion kit for dipped beam (just ordered today from ebay)

Still not been dry enough to apply my custom sticker :( but as soon as it is it'll be on!

Also sorry for the lack of photos recently, can't find my camera anywhere!!! :shrug:

brightsideteeem

I'm not like you guys...
im waiting on my H3's aswell mate. Its a royal pain in the bum.

I was onabout the high beam led's i orderd by mistake, they dont fit in the light housing anyway lol

Also have you heard anything about JOM coilover kits?
Meant to be ok or what? lol

oh yeah, as for the boost guage just nip down to halfrauds! But you will need a hosetail to screw into the charge pipe.

i used bearingboys.co.uk for the hosetail, only a few £ :)

Last edited:

Gordz

May 31, 2007
North East
HID's fitted :D only took me 10mins :funk: must be some kind of record I think :p

Although I thought HID's would be hard to fit, I didn't think I'd have any problems with the LED fog lights, but I just can't get these to work at all! I've read threads about switching wires etc, but I don't fancy destroying my fog lights and not being able to put it back together. So not sure what to do with them at the minute :(

But some good news, I've found my camera :) and when get home I'll upload lots and lots of lovely photos so watch this space!!!

Gordz

May 31, 2007
North East
Genuine SEAT Boot Tray

Here's some photos of my newest most exciting mod :p

DSCF0846.jpg

DSCF0850.jpg

Gordz

May 31, 2007
North East
HID's Fitted!

Randomly decided to get myself some HID's! Photos not brilliant, and although I went for 6000k bulbs, they're ice white in real life and not blue like some of the photos slightly show!

DSCF0843.jpg

DSCF0836.jpg

Before:
DSCF0841.jpg

After:
DSCF0840.jpg

DSCF0842.jpg

DSCF0848.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise