JamJay's 290bhp Ovni Yellow LCR - Latest: SOLD & Replaced With A BMW 335i Cabrio

Which Cat-Back System Should I Choose?

• Longlife Custom 3" Non-Resonated - £429 Fitted

Votes: 12 12.4%
  • Hayward & Scott (Essex) 3" Non-Resonated - £550 Fitted

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • Blueflame 2.76" Non-Resonated - £400 Delivered

Votes: 16 16.5%
  • Milltek 2.76" > 3" Non-Resonated - £400 Delivered

Votes: 38 39.2%
  • Powerflow Custom 3" Non-Resonated - £330 Fitted

Votes: 26 26.8%

• Total voters

james.l

GT3071r LCR
Mar 18, 2008
My House
www.vagforum.co.uk
banned from SCN mate :(

I've just spoken to the guy there, said they could do me a 3" system all the way back as long as the exhaust flange on the turbo supports, if it doesn't then they will get it to 3" as soon as they can.

They quoted me a very reasonable price for the full system and only need 1 day to fabricate and fit it? :-o

JamJay

California Bound
banned from SCN mate :(

I've just spoken to the guy there, said they could do me a 3" system all the way back as long as the exhaust flange on the turbo supports, if it doesn't then they will get it to 3" as soon as they can.

They quoted me a very reasonable price for the full system and only need 1 day to fabricate and fit it? :-o

Ah bummer, not to worry, they love you once more :).

What price did you get? They are very reasonable there and the work is very good, I lost count of the amount of times they called me to update me and I watched the guy welding with great care. 3" at the turbo flange is fine, you'll find the the OE DP is actually a 3" flange at the start and then quickly becomes two pea shooter style pipes afterwards. Have you listened to my exhaust clip on pg. 37? It's pretty loud & louder again in real life, this is with a 200cell Cat & one small silencer at the rear, if you want to tame it yet have 3" from Turbo to Tail Pipe then i'd recommened a larger rear silencer.

james.l

GT3071r LCR
Mar 18, 2008
My House
www.vagforum.co.uk
quoted me £700 for DP, 200Cell Cat, and (I am guessing) the same catback as you've got fitted.

Seemed fairly reasonable to me, what do you think?

Fingers crossed for 3" system all the way back then. :D

JamJay

California Bound
quoted me £700 for DP, 200Cell Cat, and (I am guessing) the same catback as you've got fitted.

Seemed fairly reasonable to me, what do you think?

Fingers crossed for 3" system all the way back then. :D

That's a good price, would be around the £600 mark for DP, Cat & 2.5" cat-back then I would assume. If you want 3" James, they'll give you 3" :). They questioned me for this but as I planned on hybrid or BT it makes sense and I was paying the money so they obliged. Just make sure you know what sound you want, mine is classed as Full Sport but with a tiny silencer, I didn't know what it would sound like in reality but I gambled and got something to my taste.

james.l

GT3071r LCR
Mar 18, 2008
My House
www.vagforum.co.uk
Well it's got lifetime guarantee, seems good service and good reviews.

Miltek want over 1k for their new style DP & sports cat alone for the LCR now! This seems so expensive in comparison.

I didn't think that £700 was expensive, might try and haggle a bit more to see what they can do, and will have a think about the rear silencer as well. I've had a look at what you've got an it sounds sweet, is the silencer you went for just classed as "small" ?

JamJay

California Bound
Well it's got lifetime guarantee, seems good service and good reviews.

Miltek want over 1k for their new style DP & sports cat alone for the LCR now! This seems so expensive in comparison.

I didn't think that £700 was expensive, might try and haggle a bit more to see what they can do, and will have a think about the rear silencer as well. I've had a look at what you've got an it sounds sweet, is the silencer you went for just classed as "small" ?

£700 is cheap for a full stainless system of good quality :). I just asked for a small one and that's what they gave me, looks like I've set a trend ;).

JamJay

California Bound
Turbo Outlet Pipe Fitted

Just a quick one and a guide, I fitted my Forge TOP today. This was part if that bundle and I thought it was used but it turns out it's brand new :) . A bit of a pain to fit but I got there and it was done in 30mins with @rsing about time included.

Undo the jubilee clips on the TOP, bottom one is a pain, I managed it with a stubby screwdriver.

9f2013ab.jpg

Undo the charge pipe clamps.

c7c67f7e.jpg

Detatch the DV & N75 hoses from the charge pipe, now move the CP out of the way.

42657fdf.jpg

436ee6d1.jpg

Pull the old TOP out and tuck back the heat wrap.

2155f26b.jpg

Comparison.

475766a9.jpg

Now follow the steps backwards to fit the Forge TOP.

87508372.jpg

Ronin225

Jan 17, 2008
Worcester
Little tip jason, a jubilee clip has a hexagonal head with a slot in, instead of using a screwdriver in the slot use a 7mm socket on hexagonal part
Muchos easier to get into awkward areas and with no risk of slipping off and stabbing yourself wit screwdriver

JamJay

California Bound
I've been thinking about that hose
Is there any benefits ??

Only if the OE is split, it'll cost around the same as Forge so may as well go silicone. Mine wasn't split at all, looked virtually like new but I had it laying around so why noot :).

good job jamjay. now remove the n249 expansion chamber ;)

Would love to, another bunck of useless cr@p out of the bay :).

Little tip jason, a jubilee clip has a hexagonal head with a slot in, instead of using a screwdriver in the slot use a 7mm socket on hexagonal part
Muchos easier to get into awkward areas and with no risk of slipping off and stabbing yourself wit screwdriver

Thanks dude. I had the socket for the top clip but the bottom ne was in such a place that I could only reach with a stubby screwdriver, real pain.

JamJay

California Bound
Ok so another update albeit a minor one and another thing I will be selling but I needed to test it before I could legitimately sell it as being functional.

The Forge Split-R, the subject of many DV threads but I can confirm that IT DOES WORK! It's set to 20-clicks and It's holding boost every bit as well as the old 007 with yellow spring. I must say that with and open cone filter this this a fecking loud, a really kind of Scooby Psshhh on low boost followed by a Cossie kind of chatter on high boost. Coupled with my exhaust it has people asking what the hell I have going on under there :thumbup:.

I'm kind of in two mind whether to keep this or service the 007 and sell that :shrug:. Either way, well done Forge or maybe I'm just one of the lucky ones with a more tolerant 1.8T. I'm half tempted to try a Forge 004 twin piston...

I'm also starting work on my custom crash bar for the FMIC kit, this should mean that I can fit the cooler over the next couple of weekends and have mapping done soon after.

Last edited:

sambryant

RoadRunner meep meep
Mar 26, 2009
Bristol
Jamjay give it a few days with the split r before you give a review. Some times i got limp mode in a hour, other times it took a day. The problem with them isnt holding boost, all dv hold boost (should do), its the dumping what is the problem. When the air is not dumped into the air intake system our cars think there is a leak. Fueling will be off, you car will run rich as there is not enough air to match the calculated fuel. I could be wrong and your car will be fine but you wont get maximum performance, 007 out performs the split r no doubt.

Feb 20, 2010
ipswich
I have a split r sitting at home but still not put it on
Was thinking if I did get any limp home mode problems just to make it fully recirc, how are you getting on at 20 clicks I thought for remap it was around 26 to 28 clicks

JamJay

California Bound
It has been on for 3days now over the bank holiday and no issues so far, MPG seems unchanged as is performance, I can't fault it right now TBH. Forge recommend 20 clicks for remap, 16 for standard, seems to be coping just fine.

rsmith

Robbie
Apr 28, 2004
Tipperary, Ireland
Who/how did you polish your charge pipe, it looks very nice, i still have a few little marks on mine that i just cannot get out without going mental with a grinder on it.Very nice minor polish on yours.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.