GORDZ's Platinum Grey Mk1 Leon TDI 110 - Finally an Update 6/3/11

Gordz

Caught The Mod Bug Again!
May 31, 2007
North East
:yes: Will is a cracking bloke and his service and prices are just brilliant in my opinion. Remap is an awesome mod!

I know I can't wait, just a few more things to sell on ebay and a bit more saving the pennies and it'll be done by just after easter I hope :D

Will said that I can expect 145bhp :drool: But I'm aiming for the 150 mark when I finally get large cold air feed fitted and then start to look at exhaust system!

Gooner_Mike

Teaching the kids
Jan 20, 2008
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
I know I can't wait, just a few more things to sell on ebay and a bit more saving the pennies and it'll be done by just after easter I hope :D

Will said that I can expect 145bhp :drool: But I'm aiming for the 150 mark when I finally get large cold air feed fitted and then start to look at exhaust system!

Will mapped mine with a fairly strong (but tried and tested) Stage 1 map. By running it on the dyno before he can see what he is dealing with from stock, then adapt his map to suit. So pleased with the results... :cartman: You will be shocked the difference it makes! He really knows his stuff and is quite willing to chat you through the process and what exactly his maps do!

Gordz

May 31, 2007
North East
Will mapped mine with a fairly strong (but tried and tested) Stage 1 map. By running it on the dyno before he can see what he is dealing with from stock, then adapt his map to suit. So pleased with the results... :cartman: You will be shocked the difference it makes! He really knows his stuff and is quite willing to chat you through the process and what exactly his maps do!

What's your mpg like after the map with it being a strong map? As I want more power, but would like to keep or improve mpg at the same time!

No point having a car that goes fast & then can't afford the fuel to use it!

Gooner_Mike

Teaching the kids
Jan 20, 2008
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
What's your mpg like after the map with it being a strong map? As I want more power, but would like to keep or improve mpg at the same time!

No point having a car that goes fast & then can't afford the fuel to use it!

The MPG hasn't really suffered. On average I think it has dropped about 2mpg overall but it is low at the moment due to the cold and crappy weather. I have been booting it more off roundabouts and onto motorways etc... :cartman: I use about a tank a week for my commute and I haven't really noticed a difference. The weather and how bad the traffic is 9and it is always either bad or awful) makes the most difference to my MPG as I usually just cruise at 70mph on the clear bits on the A3 to and from work anyway!

Most diesel owners I have chatted with have noticed a slight increase in fuel economy with a Stage 1 map. It all stems from a more relaxed driving style by using the greater level of torque and changing gear less I believe.

I have a quite "aggresive" map on my car. Mine is as good as standard if you drive normaly, but when I put my foot down, mine drinks fuel now.. lol

:lol: So true. I can get my average into the low 20's/high teens if I'm having fun. Seeing 6mpg when you are accelerating hard in 2nd is fun. :-o

I think mapped or not they drink fuel when the old lead foot's down :cartman:

:yes:

Last edited:

Gordz

May 31, 2007
North East
Doesn't sound too bad then economy wise then!

To be honest I find it hard to waste fuel in my tdi. I can thrash it up in the mountain roads and I still seem to get atleast 40 - 45mpg!!! I love diesels :D

Well, apart from the lack of immediate power. I find if not at the right revs, the turbo lag is awful and I just go nowhere which is a bit embarrasing at times! lol.

But when the turbo kicks in and all those torquey torques are let lose... :cartman:

Apparently the remap will give more of a petrol like immediete power delivery :D Also gives power further into the rev range which means less gear change when over-taking :funk:

Gordz

May 31, 2007
North East
DSLR Photos

My girlfriend just got a DSLR camera (Canon EOS 400d) and so while we were out and she was taking photos of lovely scenery, I managed to get her to take a few cheeky shots with my Leon in :cam:

a4.jpg

a6.jpg

a7.jpg

a2.jpg

a5.jpg

a1.jpg

IMG_0291.jpg

a8.jpg

It's our first DSLR and we couldn't believe how complicated they are! But once got head round what all the buttons, options and adjustments did, the final outcome of photos were stunning! I can't believe how detailed and life like DSLR photos are compared to compacts! I know the photos would be better, but it's just completely blown me away!
I've officially been converted to DSLR photography :happy:

Last edited:

Gordz

May 31, 2007
North East
And just one more of an amazing sunset sky this evening near Rhosneigr on Anglesey...

IMG_0561.jpg

Last edited:

gemini

Feb 7, 2010
Budapest, Hungary
could you please send me the A5.jpg picture in bigger version? I like it very much and as I have the same color car, I would like to use it as a wallpaper :)

Gordz

May 31, 2007
North East
could you please send me the A5.jpg picture in bigger version? I like it very much and as I have the same color car, I would like to use it as a wallpaper :)

Cheers :D

The only version I have at the moment on my laptop is the one above. Here's a direct link to it though if that's any better?

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x207/farndonexplorers/Canon 400d/a5.jpg

If it's not then PM me your email address and I'll send you the original, but not sure if it will be much bigger than the above link!

nice mate :)

as regards the map, it is nice just being able to just mash the loud pedal in top gear and out drag people instantly on the motorway :p

Cheers mate.

As I need new tyres, remap date gonna have to be set back at bit, so instead of the possibility of it being before Easter, it most definitley will be after Easter now!

Ah well, atleast it will be getting done, eventually! :funk:

Gordz

May 31, 2007
North East
Also, I've been looking at 16" wheels. I currently have 15", will an extra inch make much of a difference to looks or handling etc.???

(and before anyone says, don't fancy 17's or 18's mainly due to tyre prices!!!!)

Feb 22, 2009
South Wales
Increased size of rim will require reduced tyre wall size

Reduced tyre wall size will give reduced tyre flex - leading to improved handling

what have you seen?

gemini

Feb 7, 2010
Budapest, Hungary
Cheers :D

The only version I have at the moment on my laptop is the one above. Here's a direct link to it though if that's any better?

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x207/farndonexplorers/Canon 400d/a5.jpg

If it's not then PM me your email address and I'll send you the original, but not sure if it will be much bigger than the above link!

thanks, but it's the same as I already downloaded
I send you my mail adress if you find the original (I am pretty sure with that camera the original version was like 8-12 megapixels)

Also, I've been looking at 16" wheels. I currently have 15", will an extra inch make much of a difference to looks or handling etc.???

(and before anyone says, don't fancy 17's or 18's mainly due to tyre prices!!!!)
on the looks it will surely make a difference.
not sure about the handling. 16" wheels means an extra 10mm of tire width, since the ones you have is 195/65 R15 and the 16" would require 205/55 R16
that probably will increase grip and decrease mpg

have you tought about painting your wheels black? or any else color?

Gordz

May 31, 2007
North East
thanks, but it's the same as I already downloaded
I send you my mail adress if you find the original (I am pretty sure with that camera the original version was like 8-12 megapixels)

on the looks it will surely make a difference.
not sure about the handling. 16" wheels means an extra 10mm of tire width, since the ones you have is 195/65 R15 and the 16" would require 205/55 R16
that probably will increase grip and decrease mpg

have you tought about painting your wheels black? or any else color?

Sent you email ;)

Hmmm, I suppose wider tyre would decrease mpg, never thought of that before! Sure it can't be by much though anyway.

Not a big fan of black alloys to be honest! I only think they look good on White cars. But not on any other colour personally!

gemini

Feb 7, 2010
Budapest, Hungary
Sent you email ;)

Hmmm, I suppose wider tyre would decrease mpg, never thought of that before! Sure it can't be by much though anyway.
1) thanks :)
2) wider tires mean more rolling resistance. sure, it depends on tires as there are good quality ones and cheap chinese look-a-likes and also depends on engines. weaker smaller engines feel every mm increase too much. with a more powerful engine you probably won't feel anything.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.