New mods; OMP Rear strut brace, HID fogs & sprayed engine covers...

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
Just thought i would post up a few pics of my new mods that I have done this week...

first the OMP rear strut brace mod which is £55 from strutbracer on ebay (normally £82!)) which RobDon has done to... http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=59974&highlight=Honda+Integra+strut+brace (its actually a Honda Integra front upper strut brace!)

a pig to figure out how to fit but once mastered its easy enough... just 2 holes to drill! and its such a perfect fit that anyone would think it was made for the leon! :yes:

OMPstrut.jpg

omp3.jpg

It has definitely made a difference to the rear end around corners! the car feels more stable and you can push it a bit more. without doubt a worth while mod! (especially for £55!)

2nd mod... I have already fitted HID to my projector headlamps (what a pig to do!) but when I saw Craig had bought his HID kit for £44 delivered on ebay I thought it would be rude not to HID my fogs. we tested them last night and Craig said they did not blind him at all! :) I only use them when on the motorway at night time in poorly lit areas (i.e. when there are no motorway street lamps or down country lanes etc)

DSC09886.jpg

and lastly this week I had my engine covers sprayed black and my strut brace re laquered...

DSC00304.jpg

I think it looks good and the carbon fibre on the engine cover now stands out A LOT more! :D

I also removed the sound deadning under the bonnet and you can hear the DV/turbo a bit more now too, but more importantly it seams to let the engine breath a lot better... after some spirited driving the engine cover and bay does not seam as hot... I remember just how heat soaked the sound deadning used to get! :blink: definitely worthwhile taking off for track days etc!

thats it for now, sprint booster next me thinks! :)

Last edited:

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
RobDon has a different one to this now
He has a mate that makes Aluminium ones that bolt into excisting holes in the wheel arch

Apr 24, 2007
W. yorkshire
does anyone know if a golf mk4 rear would fit?
and where it mounts as i have an enclosure in my boot so the omp one wouldnt fit cos of my sub

Mar 5, 2007
I am not the only one thinking you'll look like a f**king plank with your fog lights on??

Well. You will, fog lights unless it's stupidly foggy is for ****** chavs. HID ones...EVEN WORSE!

Apr 24, 2007
W. yorkshire
i do have to partly agree with that statement as i think fog lights are a complete waste of time anyway even in fog as the light only bounces of the fog so makes it harder to see with them on. so rears are only any use so other people can see you in advance

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
I am not the only one thinking you'll look like a f**king plank with your fog lights on??

Well. You will, fog lights unless it's stupidly foggy is for ****** chavs. HID ones...EVEN WORSE!

I don't think he plans to drive around with them permantly on. Bit harsh there!.
Nothing wrong with on quiet country roads with no cars, lights etc.. the more light the better.

Apr 24, 2007
W. yorkshire
think this number86 is being a bit of a ***** (if people dont mind me saying so) this is the second post today like this

(i dont want to get in trouble for insulting but all he seems to be doing today is insulting other people)

Mar 5, 2007
2 comments. On 2 crappy things to do on your car.

Why would you spend the dosh fitting HIDs to your fogs unless you plan on using them?

Driving around with your fogs on when it's not foggy is not cool. It's supremely sad, and they don't provide any useful light when you're on the move either.

I mean, I guess in a way im trying to be the anti voice on this forum. I've seen a few links or pictures of people doing stuff to their car which looks utter turd. But as they are forum members people are often too polite to tell them it looks crap!

You're not doing the guy any favours when you're complimenting him on his LED washer jets etc!

Im not intentionally trying to be a ****, I'm just giving mu opinion. I'd expect the same when I ask for something. If people thing it looks gash, go ahead and tell me.

(Yes, my face looks like turd too :) )

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
It's all relative to his needs. I have no idea the area James lives in. I used to regularly use fog's though when driving to the g/f's on a narrow single carriageway with poor lighting. They do light up the road a little more, HID's even more so. Always turned off when approaching a car or in view of an oncoming. it's only because little pricks drive around all day with them on that anyone even showing a pic with there fogs on is given a hard time. It does not mean they are permanently on. :)

Apr 24, 2007
W. yorkshire
point taken chief but people are entitled to do what ever they want to their cars.
You are just being a little to harsh.
I do partially agree with the fogs as i posted above but no need to insult someone you can simply dis agree with someones choice

Mar 5, 2007
Ok. I disagree. Though, Allan, he fully admitted he used them in "poorly lit areas" and not fog, which was why I jumped :)