edewer

May 14, 2007
Newbury/Reading
you seem to be the knowlege of the mk4 section dont ever sell up or there will be quite a thew confused mk4 20vt owners.
edewer your car is still in the for sale section.

al - yep still in there. If i get interest then it may go. have put it up at a high price, but if it does sell then bonus!

Wheel 1 is now being sprayed. told the sprayer to suprise me, but as it's probably gonna be a track wheel i'm hoping nice and bright!

edewer

May 14, 2007
Newbury/Reading
Just thought i'd add a few pics after cleaning the old girl today!

IMG_4949.jpg

IMG_4950.jpg

IMG_4951.jpg

IMG_4953.jpg

Cupra.PT

very good looking! loved to see those black side-mirrors and that seat-sport gear knob...mine (first model cupra) is starting to turn all red lol.

keep up the good work. cheers from Portugal

edewer

May 14, 2007
Newbury/Reading
gone a few shades darker than yours Damo. Have got the 1 wheel back and the bodyshop did a fairly crap job it. Thankfully it's only my spare though so can get the others done properly!

colour is v nice though. Gonna put the wheel on later and get a few pics up

ed

edewer

May 14, 2007
Newbury/Reading
hey guys, managed to do a few things today.
Found a guy selling some TSW wheels for £80 and snapped them up within minutes of him listing them. You may wonder what's so interesting about that. well its the fact they came with 2 BRAND NEW Yokohama Parada Spec 2 tyres (RRP £140+), so i've managed to get 2 new tyres, plus a set of alloys and 2 part worns for pretty much nothing! Wheels are gonna be going up for sale as I have no use for them myself

Next, my wipers were on their way out so managed to get some Aero blades for the rather decent sum of £20 from Euro Car parts. Look loads better and a doddle to fit!

Lastly, sprayed my grille surround black. Started on the badge but made a huge mess of it so am on the hunt for another one now if anyone has a spare? Also ordered my FR grilles :)

Found out I was having boost issues as a result of the spark being blown out on my spark plugs so now have some much better ones which have pretty much cured the problem.

More updates soon, but for now here's some pics:

DSCN0605.jpg

DSCN0606.jpg

DSCN0607.jpg

DSCN0608.jpg

edewer

May 14, 2007
Newbury/Reading
right, am booked in for my first ever track day in August at Brands Hatch, so am starting to get the car ready. Will strip it as best i can for the event, but in the meantime I shall be ordering:

Rear ARB
rear spacers
Braided Brake Lines
High Performance brake fluid
oil service stuff

and maybe more before the day comes around!

Damoegan

Sir Bob,a geordy legend..
Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
Make sure you take into account you will 'prob' need new tyres and new brake fluid after the day....

edewer

May 14, 2007
Newbury/Reading
damo - the tyres on the car are about 1000 miles from dead anyway and have a free set of Yoko parads to go on in their place when theyre cooked.

Fluid wise, surely high performance fluid would still be ok wouldnt it?

edewer

May 14, 2007
Newbury/Reading
ooo could be a plan yep. at the minute i'm trying to sort a harness for track too. just a single one i can put in and out easily

Damoegan

Sir Bob,a geordy legend..
Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
damo - the tyres on the car are about 1000 miles from dead anyway and have a free set of Yoko parads to go on in their place when theyre cooked.

Fluid wise, surely high performance fluid would still be ok wouldnt it?

Yea, you should be fine with hight temp fluid, Ed. Bill sells some good stuff I hear.

you wont regret getting the rear arb it works so well.
maybe you should get damien to make you a short shifter thats another thing you definatlly wouldnt regret.

Amen to that ;)

Rear ARB and short shifter are the 2 best mods I have done to the car (well apart from the map :)).

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members