06 cupra boot wont open?

hardcore4

Feb 26, 2010
Hello all, new member here so would just like to say hi first of all :)

I have just purchased myself a 2006 ibiza cupra and the boot wont open, when locking and unlocking the car i cant hear anything happening inside the boot and it doesnt open with the key either, has anyone had this issue before? The key turns in the lock and feels like it will open but i believe it to be siezed shut, before i bought the car it hadnt been used for nearly a year!!!

Many thanks, H4

great_kahn

Spooge
Nov 19, 2009
Leicestershire
Ye, another crap piece of design that was never sorted by SEAT. Its the boot S unit thing, seems they are made of cheese. There are several threads about greasing them up to solve the problem. Seat quoted me 200 quid to replace mine. Dirty lousy robbing *******s.

130 ibiza

Hello all, new member here so would just like to say hi first of all :)

I have just purchased myself a 2006 ibiza cupra and the boot wont open, when locking and unlocking the car i cant hear anything happening inside the boot and it doesnt open with the key either, has anyone had this issue before? The key turns in the lock and feels like it will open but i believe it to be siezed shut, before i bought the car it hadnt been used for nearly a year!!!

Many thanks, H4

I've got a similar problem with my ibiza, the boot used to open but now it doesn't so i searched on here and apparently the black trim that runs along where the boot catch is jams the boot shut and the only way to open is to remove the trim on the boot lid by going through the back seats of the car! (If you search 'Boot stuck') this might help...

hardcore4

Feb 26, 2010
Nice one buddy, ill give it a go tomorrow trying to get it open and grease it then get a mech on order if it fails again, what a nightmare eh!! is it easy to open boot from inside?

hardcore4

Feb 26, 2010
dont think mine is the trim as i cant hear the solenoid working on the central locking working when remote is pressed

hardcore4

Feb 26, 2010
not going to be able to remove the screw around the boot latch as i cant get the boot open to access it!

hardcore4

Feb 26, 2010
no mwhat i mean is there is a screww next to the boot latch on the underside which isnt accessible without the boot open. Can you rech the riods by just taking the light bulb access covers off?

130 ibiza

unless I can just undo top screws wi out dowin bottom one and giv it ago (gently!)

great_kahn

Spooge
Nov 19, 2009
Leicestershire
Well im gonna try and sort mine tomorrow. Luckily for me, mine still opens sometimes. So im going to sneak up on the boot when its least expecting it.

So mission tomorrow guys, who can **** this up the worst :lol:

130 ibiza

Yeh n I bet I f**k it up most! lol (touch like a blacksmith!):wtf:

Gunna try mine on Sundi, let me know how u get on plz...:rolleyes:

hardcore4

Feb 26, 2010
well, got the boot open, found it was the solenoid that has siezed in such a position that it wont let they key turn far enough to unlecth the boot, just took it off and now it work son the key!!! Ordered a new one this morning, £11 BARGAIN!!!!

130 ibiza

well, got the boot open, found it was the solenoid that has siezed in such a position that it wont let they key turn far enough to unlecth the boot, just took it off and now it work son the key!!! Ordered a new one this morning, £11 BARGAIN!!!!

cool! :clap:was it easy enough gettin trims off?? Ant tried mine yet:scary:

hardcore4

Feb 26, 2010
well easy buddy, just undid the 3 screws i could get to then pulled the top of the trim back far enough to get my arm inside :)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members