07 spec ibiza ipod connection???

roverman

hi, can anyone help,

just got a 06 ibiza fr, the brochure advised that the audio unit had an aux input as part of the vehicle spec.The dealer couldnt find it and i spoke to seat uk who said that model spec can change and basically it was hard luck any body had the same experiance

Martin Pick

Somebody buy my Ibiza!!
Jun 23, 2006
yours must be an 06 MY car. when did you get it? was it new or preregistered? i think 07 models were available to order from april and are being delivered now. maybe the aux port can be fitted by the dealer? it goes opposite the TCS button near the handbreak.

LLiTooT

I totaly forgot about aux being an option quite dissapionted now had mine 3 months.

Martin Pick

Somebody buy my Ibiza!!
Jun 23, 2006
its standard on 07 models. although the one in the stealers i went to didn`t have one so i had to check.

peterho

My april 06 fr hasnt got one,but my son in laws 5 door fr bought 3 weeks ago has.

roverman

thanks for the replys

The car is just two weeks old, and was bought as new,

the thing is the dealership has admitted that the brochure is not a reliable source and what you order may be not what you get (which they didnt advise at the time of buying) and i am taking this issue up with the dealer principle.If anybody is thinking of buying new i would advise to go through the spec with the dealer point by point as them saying "spec can change" seems to be there get out clause, something i wish i had done now myself.

Martin Pick

Somebody buy my Ibiza!!
Jun 23, 2006
still sounds like your car is an 06MY build tho. it would have been built in the factory any thing up to 6 months ago. was the car a factory order or was it one that the dealer could get hold of quiclky for you? if you got it quick then chances are it was one that was built earlier than than when the revised spec became available.

FR*Man1984

time for a MINI adventure
I went on the website last night and found that the aux-in unit is now fitted as standard. absolutely gutted! i bought my car in june, and if i knew seat uk were going to do this, i would of waited! i spent 25quid on one of those griffin fm transmitter for my iPod, and has terrible reception...so i asked my local dealer, i say local it's 30miles away...and they said if i paid 100quid i could have an adapter lead which connects to the multi-disc part of the radio and connect it up that way! absolutely gutted me!!!

StylancePaul

CUPRA Owner
May 31, 2006
Cambridge, UK
The Aux Input is under a little flap marked AUX just next to the Handbrake.

Doesn't look too complicated, and am sure that it is possible to fit it yourself, or if you were under the impression that it would be on the car, then complain to the Dealer and i am sure they will beable to sort something out.

Paul

LLiTooT

I'm taking my FR in for it's 10k service next week and to have them sort out my exhaust and a few rattles inside the car so i'm going to ask and complain about the aux. I'll let you know how I get on.

ours is sat at the dealer ready for collection next month.

and yes it has the aux input next to the handbrake.

we also had the lux pack 2, don't know if that was anything to do with it??

Car is Crono FR TDi 130
will be getting Cupra 160 CAI, and strut brace on day 1, with re-map to follow after the winter ;)

StylancePaul

CUPRA Owner
May 31, 2006
Cambridge, UK
I just ordered an 07 MY Ibiza FR, it better have the Aux adapter or i will not be impressed. But thanks to this thread i will definatley check for it when i collect the car.

If it is coming delivered from the factory then it should have it fitted, otherwise.. say your dealer has a stock of cars similar to the one that you want, it is possible that you could get a 06MY

Enjoy

Paul

If it is coming delivered from the factory then it should have it fitted, otherwise.. say your dealer has a stock of cars similar to the one that you want, it is possible that you could get a 06MY

Enjoy

Paul

As far as im aware it's an 07MY. The car is not in stock yet it should arrive in 8-10 days, i just need to arrange a collection date. All the FRs parked up were 07 models so i will have the IPOD/Aux adapter thing. They had no 06my stock left.

Gents can I perhaps try to shed some light on this.

If you don't have the Aux in it's not the end of the world, it really is only a simple jack plug so isn't really capable of fantastic sound.

There is an Ipod solution which fits instead of the CD changer connector.

http://www.fabia-vrs.com/vw_ipod_interface_kit.htm

Thanks thats useful info, I'll have to look into that. when you say its not capable of fantastic sound how bad is the loss compaired to a CD. if its very bad luckily the stereo plays mp3 cd's. TBH the main thing i want to know is when i play Blue Monday by New Order am i going to notice the inferior quality if i plug my I Pod into the Aux jack.

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
ours is sat at the dealer ready for collection next month.

and yes it has the aux input next to the handbrake.

we also had the lux pack 2, don't know if that was anything to do with it??

Car is Crono FR TDi 130
will be getting Cupra 160 CAI, and strut brace on day 1, with re-map to follow after the winter ;)

Yeah I got the Aux connector on mine and I didn't bother with any of the luxery pack business, I'm sure it's standard on all 07 models.

meknoy

As the guy above said about the plug that goes into the CD Changer. You could make these yourself if you bought the parts seperatly from somewhere like maplins! Only cost you about £10-£20
You could spoil yourself and use only top quality stuff such as gold plated etc.
Give it a go. And dont spend £100 on one when you can make one for much less than that!!

Enjoy

Paul

The good news it is definatley an 07my car as it has not long left the production line :D the bad news Lookers have called to say its still in spain as the boat has been held back
:cry:

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.