Apr 28, 2003
Round the twist.
Visit site
After a few months of ownership, the modding bug got the better of me!:D

This is how she looked the day I picked her up:-

Frtshot.jpg

OSshot.jpg

NSshot.jpg

Now she has a mesh front grill. The surround has bee painted in matching Black Magic & I obtained a smaller "S" badge as fitted to Mk2 Ibiza's & painted that Satin Black:-

Paintedgrill.jpg

The boot has been debadged:-

DebadgedRear.jpg

The latest addition is a Dension Ice>Link Gateway 100 iPod cable:-

DensionGateway100.jpg

Future plans are:
Remap
Armrest
HID conversion
H&R or Eibach springs

An extensive detailing session is planned after the winter to keep her nice & shiny!:D

Last edited:

Jon TDI

Eat My Soot!!
Apr 28, 2003
Round the twist.
Visit site
The remap is being planned sooner than I thought!!

A work colleague has bought a new A3 S Line TDI DSG & has organised the agent for Upsolute to come in & remap it.
He asked me if wanted mine remapped at the same time.

Well I couldn't say no could I!!!

Should have a few extra horses by Monday afternoon! :D

alx_chung

Dark Lord of the Torque
Sep 11, 2006
In front of a PC....
The remap is being planned sooner than I thought!!

A work colleague has bought a new A3 S Line TDI DSG & has organised the agent for Upsolute to come in & remap it.
He asked me if wanted mine remapped at the same time.

Well I couldn't say no could I!!!

Should have a few extra horses by Monday afternoon! :D

Nice one! What kind of increase are you looking at?
Alex

BeezerDiesel

Minus a Diesel Beezer
Aug 3, 2002
Exeter
Visit site
Who's doing the re-map Jon, Simon Coe?
He did my 140 and it was great. Very smooth and quick. I remember test driving a Golf GTI mk5 and although the 2.0 tfsi engine was much smoother and more responsive I found I was just as happy getting back in my Diseasel afterwards with it's mid range punch.
Money well spent IMO.

Jon TDI

Eat My Soot!!
Apr 28, 2003
Round the twist.
Visit site
Who's doing the re-map Jon, Simon Coe?
He did my 140 and it was great. Very smooth and quick. I remember test driving a Golf GTI mk5 and although the 2.0 tfsi engine was much smoother and more responsive I found I was just as happy getting back in my Diseasel afterwards with it's mid range punch.
Money well spent IMO.

Yep, it will be Simon.
He's done a couple of my mates cars before. He will be doing mine, my mates A3 TDI S Line DSG & a Fabia vRS SE at work on Monday.
With him doing all 3 cars, he's offered us discount for doing the lot. [B)]

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
I like what you done with the grill and the black S. I never been a fan of blacking out the S but on the new Leon I really like it.

Your list of to do's is pretty good. Only thing i would say is don't just change the springs - i'd go the whole way and get a good shock and spring setup as you will make a good handling car into a great one. Keep us posted i will keep my eye on this one :)

Jon TDI

Eat My Soot!!
Apr 28, 2003
Round the twist.
Visit site
I like what you done with the grill and the black S. I never been a fan of blacking out the S but on the new Leon I really like it.

Your list of to do's is pretty good. Only thing i would say is don't just change the springs - i'd go the whole way and get a good shock and spring setup as you will make a good handling car into a great one. Keep us posted i will keep my eye on this one :)

Thanks! ;)

When I fitted the mesh grill, the plan was to leave it debadged, but it didn't look right. I'm not a fan of chrome, so the alternative was to fit a black badge.
I think it's turned out pretty good.
I might add an Audi style Sport badge just to break the blackness up. Then again, I might not! :rolleyes:

Jon TDI

Eat My Soot!!
Apr 28, 2003
Round the twist.
Visit site
Learnt something new today.

As Simon Coe was looking into my current ECU map, he noticed that it had already been remapped............but very badly!
The injection & boost had been increased but other things had been left alone, which should have been adjusted.

The Upsolute map will still be uploaded to the ECU but there will be a significant difference between what's on now & the new one.

Jon TDI

Eat My Soot!!
Apr 28, 2003
Round the twist.
Visit site
Been experimenting with the grill & some badges.
I decided that the all black front was too much, so wanted to break up the blackness.

An Audi S Line badge was acquired & modified.
2008_0129Image0013.jpg

When the grill was mounted back onto the car, the black SEAT badge didn't look right. So, off came the black SEAT badge & now I'm happy again!! :D

OSFrtQtr.jpg

Also fitted a H7 HID kit from HIDS4U. It's the CAN-BUS friendly kit & works really well. The light output is sooooo much better but it's not too bright to upset on-coming traffic.

SLineHID.jpg

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members