4 wheel drive Cupra R????

Cupra_joeboy

May 16, 2007
Derbyshire
just been looking through google and found a Leon Cupra 4R V6!!!!!! has anybody on here got one, or anyone know where i can get more info on one, i understand that it was only avaliable to the german market (i think). was just wondering what engine it had and pics etc... think it has a 3.2 V6 same as the TT and late S3.

i have done a forum search and couldnt find ought so sorry if there is already and thread regarding this.

cheers :D

AndyHazza

Ex-Awesome GTi Staff
Mar 30, 2005
Bolton
www.awesome-gti.co.uk
See here...
ma3.jpg

Cupra_joeboy

May 16, 2007
Derbyshire
i thought there was only the V6 in 4 wheel drive format, well you learn summit new everyday dont ya? Lol!

are these only in LHD? seems a bit daft really as they would be snapped up in this country i would of thought.

the 1.9 tdi and 1.8 20vt would be cracking motors, saying that that V6 engine should be usefull as well.

AndyHazza

Ex-Awesome GTi Staff
Mar 30, 2005
Bolton
www.awesome-gti.co.uk
There are definately a few members on here with them. Europe gets so many more different variations on cars its untrue! They have things like the 1.9TDi 4 motion mk4 golf's, the mk3 VR6 syncro, the rallye etc

Oct 17, 2006
Mid Wales
i thought there was only the V6 in 4 wheel drive format, well you learn summit new everyday dont ya? Lol!

are these only in LHD? seems a bit daft really as they would be snapped up in this country i would of thought.

the 1.9 tdi and 1.8 20vt would be cracking motors, saying that that V6 engine should be usefull as well.

I think VW/Audi withhold a lot of the really fun stuff over here so they can keep their profits up on the more expensive Golfs and A3's :(

karlosR

TORQUEY, NOISEY V6
Mar 10, 2006
BEDFORD
I think VW/Audi withhold a lot of the really fun stuff over here so they can keep their profits up on the more expensive Golfs and A3's :(

you've hit the nail on the head there. a 4WD leon cupra with any engine would have taken sales away from the golf 4motion and equivalent A3 models. it still amazes me at the amount of badge snobbery in the VAG group. i still get golf drivers looking down their noses at my LCR.......... even though the spec is better than almost every golf out at the moment except the R32.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.