4 wheel drive Cupra R????

Big_daddy

Going going gone.....
Oct 20, 2006
Brummy
Ive seen a few drag races between the lcr and evo! The lcr are in the same spot due frnt wheel spinning!
the evo/subz/ cossy jus lift from the front when power is applied!

Wish the lcr came with 4wd like the s3 did!

Yeh richy gud stuff! shows what the lcr turbo have plenty of power espically with the amount of weight they have

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
that engine bay looked so sexual....

I been saying this for a while now, why they didnt bring over the Cupra 4 i have no idea. It would have sold well imo.

tinbum

Mar 31, 2007
Bournemouth
Well i didn't beat but i was on the arse of a Jag XKR on a slip road onto the motorway last Friday, i couldn't have got past him but he wasn't losing me. Obviosly if we had gone past the 110 mph barrier he would have pulled away from me.

You talking about the jag with the 4.2 supercharged V8 ?

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
How difficult would it be to convert an LCR to 4WD? Has anyone done it?
I know it would cost a lot but I'm not too sure how much of the bodywork would need to be changed.

A lot! This has been discussed a few times in the past on this forum, and it's always the same conclusion... it's too much work to make it a viable option. Unfortunately the various flavours of VAG 4WD wont slot straight into place, so the car needs a fair bit of work to get it in there.

slatord

SlatorD
Aug 2, 2006
witham, essex
I was talking about this with some friends the other day, as wheneva i go to pull away quick i seem to stand still for a few seconds and then leave a nice number 11 on the road!
I was thinking about sometime in the near future changing to a 4wd, maybe R32/Evo, but would love to keep my leon and have 4wd! What sort of price range is it to convert?

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
I was talking about this with some friends the other day, as wheneva i go to pull away quick i seem to stand still for a few seconds and then leave a nice number 11 on the road!
I was thinking about sometime in the near future changing to a 4wd, maybe R32/Evo, but would love to keep my leon and have 4wd! What sort of price range is it to convert?

Then learn to use the throttle properly! It's not an on/off switch ;)

To convert to 4WD, first you'd need to find somebody willing to take on the project, then a donor car for the parts or new parts to fit, and then a massive amount of labour charges. If you got any change out of £7.5k for a good job, I'd be surprised. Many places will put their prices up for jobs like this if they haven't done it before, just to cover their backs. That's just a rough guess at price though.... phone somebody like JBS for a more specific price.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.