Accuracy of build estimates

Piran

Jun 2, 2015
Kent
I ordered my cupra mid April and still not sure what build week. I similar to you asked if I could add reversing camera and full link and the dealer said unfortunately I can't because the car is 'status 20' but I have no idea what this means??

JDandCoke

Apr 28, 2015
Colchester
I asked for the Full link car audio seeing as my car was delayed to week 37 and going to be MY2016. Have been told that is not possible and my car is in lockdown prior to manufacture. I thought this only happened a couple of weeks before manufacture. should I take this as a good sign ?

Same here....I asked to add seat sound but was told my order had been accepted and was now too late.

R19

Mar 8, 2015
My advice is just be patient and regularly give seat uk a call.
If you look back to the early days of this thread i was being told september for delivery.
The next week i had a build week and now im picking my cupra up tomorrow. I tried to add black line 1 week after order and this wasnt allowed. Its because the order for the specific car is on their system. They will import parts on an order basis.

StylancePaul

CUPRA Owner
May 31, 2006
Cambridge, UK
I ordered on 19th March, took a few weeks for the build to be locked according to the dealer, and I changed my seats to the all black leather quite a few weeks in because of the delays with the standard Alcantara seats.

I collected on Sunday just gone, which puts it at just over 11 weeks since ordering.

bretth1974

May 3, 2015
I have added full link and changed from black pack to multi spoke black wheels in an effort to speed up build. Dealer has not said there has been a problem with either change so my car can't have been locked in.

Kurtje

Mar 22, 2015
Beringen, Belgium
After 4 months waiting for a build date, yesterday i cancelled my order with the dealer...
Reason: they totally can't predict when it's going to be build with all the delays and the dealer did me a great deal :)

The new deal is a Cupra that just arrived in stock in Belgium, it's a little bit different then my previous order but I'm really happy with it!
Specs:

Seat Leon ST Cupra
DSG
Midnight black
Bucket seats
Navi system high with Seat sound system
Parking sensors front and rear
Adaptive cruise control with front assist
Electric panoramic sunroof

So I went from a 5dr to the ST version, like it a lot :)
Extra options is the sunroof and the ACC with front assist!

Best part: I can collect it within max of 2 weeks, the car is transported at the moment to my dealer.

Last edited:

StylancePaul

CUPRA Owner
May 31, 2006
Cambridge, UK
After 4 months waiting for a build date, yesterday i cancelled my order with the dealer...
Reason: they totally can't predict when it's going to be build with all the delays and the dealer did me a great deal :)

The new deal is a Cupra that just arrived in stock in Belgium, it's a little bit different then my previous order but I'm really happy with it!
Specs:

Seat Leon ST Cupra
DSG
Midnight black
Bucket seats
Navi system high with Seat sound system
Parking sensors front and rear
Adaptive cruise control with front assist
Electric panoramic sunroof

So I went from a 5dr to the ST version, like it a lot :)
Extra options is the sunroof and the ACC with front assist!

Best part: I can collect it within max of 2 weeks, the car is transported at the moment to my dealer.

You wont regret the ACC, its superb with the DSG box.

bretth1974

May 3, 2015
I want to see pics of that. I thought hard about black but decided against it in the end. Will look very smart I am sure.

Kurtje

Mar 22, 2015
Beringen, Belgium
It looks a little bit like this (without the blackline wheels)

rijtest-seat-leon-cupra-st-2015_06.jpg

I like it a lot :)

R19

Mar 8, 2015
Ok so after a REALLY up and down day i have my cupra safe and sound at home.
Got to say i am over the moon with her, its a real machine! I cant fault the DSG., 250 miles of constant smiling. Downside of this is one of my alloys has been scuffed within 5miles from home :cry:
Long story short > a huge pothole after a bend that i just didnt see. Its not too bad but really has put a downer on a day ive been looking forward to for 12weeks. Dont suppose any of you guys have had experience with having one touched up? Il be putting a couple of pics on tommorow.

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
Ok so after a REALLY up and down day i have my cupra safe and sound at home.
Got to say i am over the moon with her, its a real machine! I cant fault the DSG., 250 miles of constant smiling. Downside of this is one of my alloys has been scuffed within 5miles from home :cry:
Long story short > a huge pothole after a bend that i just didnt see. Its not too bad but really has put a downer on a day ive been looking forward to for 12weeks. Dont suppose any of you guys have had experience with having one touched up? Il be putting a couple of pics on tommorow.

Check out this thread I put in a while back

http://www.SEATCupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=407457&referrerid=91699

Piran

Jun 2, 2015
Kent
delivery time?

Ordered my car mid April and been told it's being built next week. What are the expected delivery times from Spain to dealers? Working offshore I know it doesn't take more than a week to transit so hoping to maybe pick up mid July:confused:

ian.davies624

Mar 15, 2015
Anyone had any updates on delays with the wheels? I ordered mid April and am still being told week 37

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

twitchynik

Sep 12, 2006
Around 3 weeks from Spain to the dealer.

Looking like my ST Cupra will be that.

Left Barcelona June 19th, landed at Tyne on June 29th and was behind another boat unloading from Emden causing some delay in processing.

Seat CS reckon it should be with dealer at the end of this week (3 weeks from shipping) but so far dealer hasn't made any noises as to when I'll get the keys...

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise