Accuracy of build estimates

Piran

Jun 2, 2015
Kent
I order my cupra mid April with 19 inch multi spoke, sound system and monsoon grey and it got into docks yesterday. Dealer said it should be ready in a week now. The build week was 25 and shipping took roughly 3 weeks. Barcelona to Emden to Grimsby

beram

Apr 7, 2015
I order my cupra mid April with 19 inch multi spoke, sound system and monsoon grey and it got into docks yesterday. Dealer said it should be ready in a week now. The build week was 25 and shipping took roughly 3 weeks. Barcelona to Emden to Grimsby

It looks so random that some people have to wait a really long time and others dont, I wonder what's up with that.

Probably still the standard 19inch rims that have huge delays on them.

Last edited:

bretth1974

May 3, 2015
I suspect it is because Piran ordered multi spoke wheels. There isn't a shortage of those. My build came forward 10 weeks when I changed to multi spoke wheels.

beram

Apr 7, 2015
I suspect it is because Piran ordered multi spoke wheels. There isn't a shortage of those. My build came forward 10 weeks when I changed to multi spoke wheels.

May i ask how much extra you had to pay for the multi spokes?

bretth1974

May 3, 2015
They are £600 but I changed from the black line pack which is £500 so it was only an extra £100

twitchynik

Sep 12, 2006

Interesting. Mine was build week 25 and came into Tyne on 29th after stopping off at Sheerness and Grimsby along the way. Was on City of Rotterdam.

twitchynik

Sep 12, 2006
Ordered my Cupra (Black Line) 3rd June no build date as yet but its now status 20, anyone know what that is?

Not sure. Status 30 is something like In Transit. At Status 40 dealer can get car registered or delivered. Then there's Status 50 after that.

Piran

Jun 2, 2015
Kent
Yeah I paid 630 extra I think. Didn't realise at the time there was a shortage of standard alloys just a bit of luck

Piran

Jun 2, 2015
Kent
Twitchynik have you picked up your car yet? How long did it take after it came into port

ShaunP

Cupraaaaaa
Oct 25, 2014
Surrey, Gatwick Airport
Family member of mine put an order in for an Ibiza FR 1.2 auto with the black kit (alloys, etc etc) was ordered roughly 6-8 weeks ago and isn't estimated to arrive until October!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

twitchynik

Sep 12, 2006
Twitchynik have you picked up your car yet? How long did it take after it came into port

Nope. Dealer emailed this afternoon saying it will be transported down from the port for the PDI but no handover date yet.

JDandCoke

Apr 28, 2015
Colchester
Dealer emailed me this morning saying my car is going to be built in 2 weeks time with delivery to them a month later....happy days! :funk:

twitchynik

Sep 12, 2006
Looking like my ST Cupra will be that.

Left Barcelona June 19th, landed at Tyne on June 29th and was behind another boat unloading from Emden causing some delay in processing.

Seat CS reckon it should be with dealer at the end of this week (3 weeks from shipping) but so far dealer hasn't made any noises as to when I'll get the keys...

Picking it up on Wednesday! :funk:

Left Barcelona Friday June 19th
Arrived Tyne Monday June 29th
At dealer for PDI Monday July 13th
Collection Wednesday July 15th

I make that a little under 4 weeks for the whole delivery piece. Thankfully I didn't have to wait weeks and months for it to be built..!

Piran

Jun 2, 2015
Kent
Nice I've got to just organise a date to pick up mine this week too. Week after it got into port

beram

Apr 7, 2015
Dealer emailed me this morning saying my car is going to be built in 2 weeks time with delivery to them a month later....happy days! :funk:

Just had a look at your post history and saw you ordered 23/04, I ordered my cupra 20/04 so im hoping I will receive some news from my dealer as well this week :confused:

Last edited:

JDandCoke

Apr 28, 2015
Colchester
You should do but its worth contacting Seat customer services as they are very helpful if your dealer is not so forthcoming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TonyFSC

Jun 20, 2015
My build estimate was spot on, the delivery estimate was not, car arrived 3 weeks early, brill!
Tony

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.