Whitechapel

Adam Hilton
May 5, 2009
York/Kingston
No, I have bought new shorter ones! I sent the original spings off to a company in shefield to measure the spring rates etc and then they made me some new ones - all for less than 100 notes delivered!

sorry had a few to drink today ha, thinking of doing this when i get a bit in the bank as the rear end of mk4s pi:censored:ses me off so much, so hard to get nice and low!

Whitechapel

Adam Hilton
May 5, 2009
York/Kingston
Thats why i always stick with 17's, then its easy :D

true, true but i like less ground clearance and i cant afford to go testing wheater 17s or 16s look better :p plus i got these wheels for a such a good price i couldnt say no! next wheels will be 17s unless i get a different car before that ha

Whitechapel

Adam Hilton
May 5, 2009
York/Kingston
been out to the car just a few moments ago and noticed scratches all over one of the front alloys...majorly peed off to say the least, will get a picture up tonight to have opinions on what i can do to get it back up to standard..

May 22, 2009
South Wales
been out to the car just a few moments ago and noticed scratches all over one of the front alloys...majorly peed off to say the least, will get a picture up tonight to have opinions on what i can do to get it back up to standard..

thats not good at all mate. i would personally weather the winter out then get a fresh refurb ready for the summer.

i tried my D90s on yesterday, need 40mm on the rears i think, 30mm adapters are fine on the front.

i am going to have to lower the back down a bit on the coilovers to get it slammed! the front need loads but i am waiting for the tracking guages to arrive before it goes lower.

IMG00008-20110218-1606.jpg

IMG00007-20110218-1606.jpg

May 22, 2009
South Wales
Need higher profile tyres by the looks of things. Not sure I like it, they look too small....

i am not 100% sold on it to b honest myself. i think having the suspension so high dont give the wheels any justice. getting new tyres will b the last option if i am honest. i think having less stretch will make them look better

17s do seem to fit the car better but u just cant go low enough without having shed loads of scrubbing.

Whitechapel

Adam Hilton
May 5, 2009
York/Kingston
thats not good at all mate. i would personally weather the winter out then get a fresh refurb ready for the summer.

i tried my D90s on yesterday, need 40mm on the rears i think, 30mm adapters are fine on the front.

i am going to have to lower the back down a bit on the coilovers to get it slammed! the front need loads but i am waiting for the tracking guages to arrive before it goes lower.

IMG00008-20110218-1606.jpg

IMG00007-20110218-1606.jpg

Looks good mate agree totally with 40mm on the back could even go for 45? seen quite a few sets on ed38 flying about, those white badges looks realy nice aswell!

Do you use it often?

My car? as much as i can :p

Need higher profile tyres by the looks of things. Not sure I like it, they look too small....

Next time i go to replace tyres i think ill go for 195 45s to fill up the arches a bit more or even maybe 205 45s

Aug 18, 2007
Fair enough!

Don't think I could deal with it being that low on a day to day basis though..

May 22, 2009
South Wales
it looks like you have scrapped the wheels some how, looks wierd! i would bare with it for a little while and get a fresh refurb for the summer.

i thought about getting bigger profile tyres too, but there isnt much point getting smaller wheels if they are going to have the same circumference as the larger wheel.

i think the 195/40 R16 will look cool if spaced properly and decked! like will tell i suppose!

i am not liking the price of 40mm spacers! :(