Advice On Modifications...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris_a_73

1.2L Ibiza Mk4 '07
Oct 27, 2009
Guildford and Bristol (uni)
Nope, couldn't be that lucky haha.

I've changed the gearknob already anyway, it used to be all black, now it has a silver ring identical to yours. SEAT do make them with a red ring, wish mine was red!

Good that paint has been invented then :p

Remove it (or not if you cover up the interior nicely), mask it off and paint on :happy:

Check Lawrie's interior pics, he's done his vents in red and they look great!!

I guess most people spray, and would be preferable if you want to remove the gearknob.

Also, just opened a letter from Admiral that I got in the post today...........:-o

My premium is going to be...... £1400!!! :clap::clap::clap::clap:

No idea how the heck they came to that sum, BUT I LIKE IT!

Dec 3, 2009
do a quote online

they tried charging me £1562 for renewal... yet I paid £1200 that year

online quote I got £1060 =] and petrol FR rather than diesel sport

Blanco92

www.racedriversinc.com
Apr 11, 2010
Bournemouth/Cheshire
I thought about painting it, just scared it would flake off.

Proper result on your insurance that mate! Celebratory drinks are in order me thinks! :D

Still check out the competition though.

campey

inside the car it shouldn't flake!

sand down, spray & lacquer

I'm thinking of spraying the surround thats around the head unit, and dials etc. will i need to sand it down even if its smooth already?

thinking of spraying it some sort of metalic grey (Gun metal?) or just silver like the same as my exterior.

Chris_a_73

1.2L Ibiza Mk4 '07
Oct 27, 2009
You'll need to sand it very finely in order to break through the original lacquer, and roughen the surface slightly in order for the paint to stick to it sufficiently.

Just enough to take the top layer off then spray with a couple of layers then lacquer :)

500th post, woot :p:p

marksy93

In an Ibiza..FR This Time
Aug 26, 2010
N.Yorkshire
You'll need to sand it very finely in order to break through the original lacquer, and roughen the surface slightly in order for the paint to stick to it sufficiently.

Just enough to take the top layer off then spray with a couple of layers then lacquer :)

500th post, woot :p:p

whey!!!! 500th ha ha :lol: i'm only on 213 :(

marksy93

Aug 26, 2010
N.Yorkshire
following my mates 206 yesterday (1.4 quicksilver) and tbh they are so slow! he was puttting his foot down and i was keeping with him all the way, got to a hill i changed down a lil bit earlier than him and was still sniffing his bumper all the way up :)

crappy french eh ;)

Chris_a_73

1.2L Ibiza Mk4 '07
Oct 27, 2009
Hah when I was looking for a car, I was very strong about NEVER getting a French car.

Keep forgetting to take pics of the pedals, so I'll take one today if I remember...

I'm still not 100% on HIDs yet.... I would want 4300k colour, however HIDs4U's lowest is 5000k and I worry they might be a bit blue... If I was ever pulled, I'd want to explain that my HIDs were the same colour as premium car brand xenons.

marksy93

Aug 26, 2010
N.Yorkshire
could you send me the link for the tt pedals or did you go into a stealer?? & fair enough fine line between looking great and getting pulled by pc plod

i was also dead set about not getting a corsa! :lol:

campey

Hah when I was looking for a car, I was very strong about NEVER getting a French car.

Keep forgetting to take pics of the pedals, so I'll take one today if I remember...

I'm still not 100% on HIDs yet.... I would want 4300k colour, however HIDs4U's lowest is 5000k and I worry they might be a bit blue... If I was ever pulled, I'd want to explain that my HIDs were the same colour as premium car brand xenons.

When i was looking i had the same thing in my head, not a french car!
or a rover...yet there were plenty of them on the market, guess that must say it all then.

I have a grande punto too, and had a seicento sporting, and wanted to carry on the italian theme, but Ibiza it was.

campey

could you send me the link for the tt pedals or did you go into a stealer?? & fair enough fine line between looking great and getting pulled by pc plod

i was also dead set about not getting a corsa! :lol:

I was thinking about getting a corsa sri or sxi when i was looking around for a car. they seem alright tbh.

rf860

Jan 23, 2010
scotland
following my mates 206 yesterday (1.4 quicksilver) and tbh they are so slow! he was puttting his foot down and i was keeping with him all the way, got to a hill i changed down a lil bit earlier than him and was still sniffing his bumper all the way up :)

crappy french eh ;)

206 1.4 : 12.2 secs 0-60
Ibiza 1.2 : 14.9 secs 0-60

You must have been revving more than him! On the plus side, the Ibiza just came 11 of of 23 on the reliability of super minis on the 2010 JD Power Survey and the 206 came.........23rd. Says it all about french cars really cos i thought the Ibiza was bad! Ibiza is also way ahead in terms of styling and interior (i think the 206 has the worst interior of a car i have ever seen!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.