Advice on this ibiza cupra for sale

akz

Jun 18, 2009
Hey guys, am new here, am looking at this ibiza cupra for sale on pistonheads, its 387bhp so I'm looking for any info on it.

I've spoke to the guy, he seems genuine, I'm just trying to find out as much as possible!

What do yous think, should I steer clear of it or is it ok.

Heres the link: pistonheads.co.uk/sales/1090653.htm

Cheers

cupramillo

The "Red Baron"
Feb 24, 2008
South London
With the specs he has quoted the bhp figure is about right. Just go along and see it with an open mind and take it for a drive, check all the reciepts and the garage that carried out all the work. Check the service history and look for the normal things you look for when viewing any car.

Sounds like an aimal!

akz

Jun 18, 2009
am really tempted to go and see it. am just not that clued up on ibiza cupra's let alone tuning them!

thought you guys might be help to me out before I decided wether to go or not!

sortu

Got To Love Diamond Audio
Jan 5, 2009
Milton Keynes
like cupramillo said just go and have a look with an open mind, thats all you can do really and just ask plenty of questions

sortu

Got To Love Diamond Audio
Jan 5, 2009
Milton Keynes
just go already lol, even if its just for a test drive will be one hell of a drive if its pushing that bhp lol

akz

Jun 18, 2009
A might not get to tyre kick though lol

plus if a go I'll be tempted by it!

-pseudonymous-

Oct 28, 2005
is the chap on here? that owns the ibiza because hes converted his rear wiper to a polo one so may well be :cartman:

Welcome mate. Thats quite a well known car here. Most of the work was originally done by cupra_matt but the car has changed hands a couple of times since he sold it. I think the current owner is JJ_arosa but he was banned from the forum shortly after purchasing it.

Here is a build thread from a while back. You should find a fair bit of info on the car using the search.

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=125532

akz

Jun 18, 2009
a couldn't tell you mate.

a know he's from west glamorgan in Wales. The car came from and was done in cumbria

pj1985

1.8T Power
Oct 31, 2006
Hampshire/Surrey
Thats Cupra_matts old car. He built it up to that spec. The build thread is on here. The guy he sold it to had it for about a year I think then had it for sale for a while before nogutsnoglory on here brought it. He had it about 6 months then sold it to the guy that owns it now who was a member on here but got banned. A little while ago there a valve broke which also marked one of the pistons but it seems hes had it fixed. There is a thread about that in the big turbo section posted by ibizacupra.

Its a well speced and nice car but seems it might have had some problems since matt sold it although they have probably all been fixed. Had alot of money spent on it to get it to the spec it is. Worth going for a look at if you are serious about buying it but keep your eyes open and get it properly checked over.

akz

Jun 18, 2009
Thanks for the extra info!

the buil thread is super long lol. Aye the guy told me there was nothing wrong with the piston but he replaced them anyway and I could get the forge ones with the car.

So has it had alot of problems then?

I presumed that it had been done by this guy in cumbria (which I now know is matt) and then it had been sold to the guy thats got it now

akz

Jun 18, 2009
does any1 have any other up to date info on this car?

seems as if its changed hands a few times since matt built it

-pseudonymous-

Oct 28, 2005
Cupra 200bhp and nogutsnoglory were the other two owners i think prior to jj_arosa. Do a search under their names and under cupra_matt's and you will find plenty more info.

akz

Jun 18, 2009
why has jj arosa been banned? is he the current owner of the car because it says hes from south wales, and thats where the car is!

cupramillo

The "Red Baron"
Feb 24, 2008
South London
Mate you got the build thread ffs... take time to read through it and be patient!! Just beware buying mod'd cars is always going to give you a few problems, its always the case same with standard cars.

akz

Jun 18, 2009
well I've read alot of info on here and the guy said he'd paid 7k for it, but its advertised for £7,495

he also said he bought it straight off matt that built it! which a know isnt true because 2 other folk off here have had it!

I've decided to stay away from it!