Aidan's Mk2 Leon Cupra

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Cheers bud! I'll upload a vid from today's Dyno day too :)

I want to see that again too! Instead of pointing the camera at the car, you should have pointed it at the PP guy, cause his face was priceless when the pops n bangs started!

Reactions: bigT's lcr

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
It sounded good to me just glad I’m not one off your neighbours

I'm glad I don't live next to either of you!
upload_2019-11-19_16-2-53.png

Sharpy

This place has cost me a fortune....
Oct 2, 2018
I'm glad I don't live next to either of you!
View attachment 11424
When I was there yesterday @Aidanr97 was like, i'll rev it a little bit for you, dont want to annoy the neighbours... as soon as it started up I knew it would probably be annoying the neighbours... then he gave it a good rev... the cracks and pops really sealed the "annoyed neighbours" potential of the car...

I used to have a V-Twin motorbike with race cans on that set off car alarms as I went past... im guessing @Aidanr97 car has a similar effect...

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
When I was there yesterday @Aidanr97 was like, i'll rev it a little bit for you, dont want to annoy the neighbours... as soon as it started up I knew it would probably be annoying the neighbours... then he gave it a good rev... the cracks and pops really sealed the "annoyed neighbours" potential of the car...

:lol:. Hopefully this wasn't at 2am.

Reactions: Sharpy

Aidanr97

Nov 25, 2018
Doncaster/Leeds
It sounded good to me just glad I’m not one off your neighbours

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:lol:

:lol:. Hopefully this wasn't at 2am.

Thankfully it was at half 3 in the afternoon so hopefully most were still at work or something lol, allthough I do finish work at around 2-3am on Friday and Saturday, I just coast it down my street :lol: and I felt really bad before setting off to manchester for the Dyno day.... Cold start at 5:30am on a Sunday

Reactions: Legojon

Aidanr97

Nov 25, 2018
Doncaster/Leeds
Boot lock played up last night, got home went to get the stuff out of the boot and it wouldn't close, made a weird noise when opening it too. Ordered a new latch by looking on here it seems it is that which is at fault. Took all the boot trim off and tie wrapped the boot down for now so it's secure.

£19.99 and next day delivery thanks to prime :)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07VQTPPFP/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_59l8Db4M6YETM

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
I did a guide for this exact issue I think... Check the guides section... It has a weird hex screw

Aidanr97

Nov 25, 2018
Doncaster/Leeds
So the day finally came... I gave in and had a silencer put on the car! Loud was an understatement (Those who heard it at the dyno day can agree) but not only was it loud, unless you were really giving it the beans it didn't sound all that great. Anyway the silencer has completely transformed how the car sounds. It has a really nice tone to it now, doesn't drone like the straight pipe did and I can hear the intake again now (Ramair oversize) and I'm super happy with it! Video's to follow shortly :)

Also got a red ikon motorsport DV to intake hose to fit on christmas as I convinced the other half to get me one (anytime someone asks her what she bought me for christmas her answer is "a red pipe")

And also continuing with the red theme I got the red coil pack harness cover but need to modify it before it will fit.

Reactions: bigT's lcr

Aidanr97

Nov 25, 2018
Doncaster/Leeds
Got round to fitting the iKON Motorsport DV return hose today. Easy job but be warned I couldn't get the old spring clips on so opted for some jubilee clips instead. Much better just got to adapt the red coil harness cover to fit next :)

IMG-20191228-003120-509.jpg

Reactions: ash_89 and Legojon

Aidanr97

Nov 25, 2018
Doncaster/Leeds
I adapted and fitted the red coil pack cover with a Dremel and taped up some wires to hopefully stop rubbing

IMG-20200105-102840.jpg

And also got a private plate so had some shortened 4d plates made up, looks awesome but unfortunately took the paint with it on the rear diffuser :(

Can't see it to well luckily but can when it's dry

IMG-20200105-103005.jpg

IMG-20200105-103011.jpg

IMG-20200105-103159.jpg

IMG-20200105-103133.jpg

Aidanr97

Nov 25, 2018
Doncaster/Leeds
Had clutch fitted yesterday, the pedal is alot heavier now but I'll quickly get used to it I think as I was starting to last night after a quick drive. The bite point is pretty much just off the floor and it's super grabby lol. Like it though and hopefully will handle anything I ever throw at it

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Had clutch fitted yesterday, the pedal is alot heavier now but I'll quickly get used to it I think as I was starting to last night after a quick drive. The bite point is pretty much just off the floor and it's super grabby lol. Like it though and hopefully will handle anything I ever throw at it

I've got a Vauxhall Mokka hire car for work at the mo. I jumped in mine to move it forward a couple of feet last night and having driven a "normal" clutch for a week, I nearly put it through the wall. I think you just get used to it over time. Maybe it's got a little bit lighter. Mines good for 430lbs and Niki reckoned it could have held more easily.

Reactions: Aidanr97