Aidan's Mk2 Leon Cupra

bigT's lcr

Delete. Beat. Repeat...
Feb 27, 2016
Leeds
Enough of the little mods, finally a big (for me) mod! New wheels! thanks to @bigT's lcr for the smooth sale and absolutely loving the wheels, might even keep them Matt bronze as I'm debating having them refurbed gun metal grey.. anyway some better photos to come once the cars clean

IMG-20190927-223330-555.jpg

IMG-20190927-223857.jpg

Just needs lowering now ;)

Also lost the other side jacking cover on the skirt after just buying the other side :(

And fitted some new Bosch aerotwins which have came in handy with all this rain
They look smart mate :cool:

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Enough of the little mods, finally a big (for me) mod! New wheels! thanks to @bigT's lcr for the smooth sale and absolutely loving the wheels, might even keep them Matt bronze as I'm debating having them refurbed gun metal grey.. anyway some better photos to come once the cars clean

Yeah, they look ace! Your choice... but I used to have my wheels matt bronze and didn't appreciate how good a colour it was till they were gone!

Aidanr97

Nov 25, 2018
Doncaster/Leeds
So been a few weeks since the last post on this thread, I got a new cam follower and o ring to go with it and also some quantum platinum 5w40 and a genuine vw oil filter. Set about that, the cam follower had done about 11k and had hardly worn at all, not even a mark on the protective coating... changed it anyway whilst I was there. Quick oil and filter change with the parts mentioned above, highly rate quantum oil, much quieter than the shell helix ultra I was running before.

Next was some new boot struts, mine have been rubbish since I bought the car so swapped them out however there not great, they get stuck around head height and require a push to extend the rest of the way so they sent me some new ones over which I'm yet to fit. Hopefully just received some duff ones the first time.

Also fitted some new bosch wiper blades, same as what were on already but don't rate them. Going to try and clean the windscreen fully and run a blade across to clear any contaminants that may be causing smearing.

Also tiny mod... ordered a cupra badge from wish and actually impressed with the quality, just not sure if I like it...

IMG-20191020-192350.jpg

I liked the idea of the badge being there in my head as I like on the facelifts that they have the cupra branding there. Also thats dirt on the bumper and not a massive scuff :lol:

Lastly had the wheels rebalanced as I was still getting some wheel wobble at speeds above 75ish on private runways lol. Still wobbles so need to take it back and found I had a massive nail in the front drivers tyre too so had that repaired, luckily it was straight through the middle so easy repair.

Possible stage 2 this week :)

Reactions: bigT's lcr

bigT's lcr

Delete. Beat. Repeat...
Feb 27, 2016
Leeds
So been a few weeks since the last post on this thread, I got a new cam follower and o ring to go with it and also some quantum platinum 5w40 and a genuine vw oil filter. Set about that, the cam follower had done about 11k and had hardly worn at all, not even a mark on the protective coating... changed it anyway whilst I was there. Quick oil and filter change with the parts mentioned above, highly rate quantum oil, much quieter than the shell helix ultra I was running before.

Next was some new boot struts, mine have been rubbish since I bought the car so swapped them out however there not great, they get stuck around head height and require a push to extend the rest of the way so they sent me some new ones over which I'm yet to fit. Hopefully just received some duff ones the first time.

Also fitted some new bosch wiper blades, same as what were on already but don't rate them. Going to try and clean the windscreen fully and run a blade across to clear any contaminants that may be causing smearing.

Also tiny mod... ordered a cupra badge from wish and actually impressed with the quality, just not sure if I like it...

IMG-20191020-192350.jpg

I liked the idea of the badge being there in my head as I like on the facelifts that they have the cupra branding there. Also thats dirt on the bumper and not a massive scuff :lol:

Lastly had the wheels rebalanced as I was still getting some wheel wobble at speeds above 75ish on private runways lol. Still wobbles so need to take it back and found I had a massive nail in the front drivers tyre too so had that repaired, luckily it was straight through the middle so easy repair.

Possible stage 2 this week :)
The badge looks good

Reactions: Aidanr97

Aidanr97

Nov 25, 2018
Doncaster/Leeds
Interesting couple of weeks it has been lol, started off with having both cats out and a stage "1.5" map put on with added safe overrun. Sounds pretty good, alot more power than before and alot more torque too. Anyway clutch hates that and occasionally slips in 4th gear but higher up the revs so we capped the torque off a little bit but not really made much difference so that's still on my list of things to sort out. More recently the exhaust started to blow making it sound absolutely awful so of course went for a backbox delete and it was also blowing a little further up which we sorted too. Went in wanting a single tip but decided the double tip looked better.

IMG-20191115-180349-341.jpg

Also had a missfire on cylinder 4, the coil was absolutely knackered, full of rust, spark plug chamber full of water and they just looked tired so I fitted a fresh set of R8 coils and whilst I was at it put some new bkr7eix plugs in too.

Car is... Loud :lol:

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Interesting couple of weeks it has been lol, started off with having both cats out and a stage "1.5" map put on with added safe overrun. Sounds pretty good, alot more power than before and alot more torque too. Anyway clutch hates that and occasionally slips in 4th gear but higher up the revs so we capped the torque off a little bit but not really made much difference so that's still on my list of things to sort out. More recently the exhaust started to blow making it sound absolutely awful so of course went for a backbox delete and it was also blowing a little further up which we sorted too. Went in wanting a single tip but decided the double tip looked better.

Also had a missfire on cylinder 4, the coil was absolutely knackered, full of rust, spark plug chamber full of water and they just looked tired so I fitted a fresh set of R8 coils and whilst I was at it put some new bkr7eix plugs in too.

Car is... Loud :lol:
So both cats out but you left the resonator in yeah? How do you drive long distance lol that must drone quite a bit with a pretty much straight through pipe haha we going to have to push you into our meets... :rofl:

Reactions: Aidanr97

Aidanr97

Nov 25, 2018
Doncaster/Leeds
So both cats out but you left the resonator in yeah? How do you drive long distance lol that must drone quite a bit with a pretty much straight through pipe haha we going to have to push you into our meets... :rofl:

There's no Res, that was the first thing I got rid of, so yeah it's a straight pipe basically haha, it actually doesn't drone as bad as I thought. Will be getting a proper system done at some point though

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
There's no Res, that was the first thing I got rid of, so yeah it's a straight pipe basically haha, it actually doesn't drone as bad as I thought. Will be getting a proper system done at some point though
Jesus... So does that means you get flames and stuff then I assume... I'd be shot if I did that on my street haha

Aidanr97

Nov 25, 2018
Doncaster/Leeds
Jesus... So does that means you get flames and stuff then I assume... I'd be shot if I did that on my street haha

Me and my mate were doing some accelerations the other day and he said he saw a few flames, before I had the back box out lol. Luckily I spend most my time at the Mrs house so it's only her neighbours I'll annoy :)

Reactions: Jimbobcook

Brimfull

Nov 7, 2018
Wrexham

Car is... Loud
We need a video to hear it roar

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise