Alloy Wheel Refurbishing - Want to turn my wheels a new colour

bonesfrench

Nov 19, 2006
Hello all,

Does anyone know a decent place for getting alloy wheels refurbished? Ideally located in the north east. Looking for good quality at a good price!!

I want to get the colour of my FR+ alloys switched to charcoal/anthracite, has anyone done this, if so do they look any good? Any pics would be appreciated.

Thanks very much.

macdaveo

wheels

there are 2 places i know of mate, first is romax between stockton and middlesbrough and the other 1 is motorcool in thornaby

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
Yeah anthracite look's good a Silver car, I had mine done anthracite a While ago although mine is a MK1

macdaveo

i really wanted 19" but its just what comes along on ebay..maybe an air filter or induction kit next

cupraslayer

I want more bhp
Feb 8, 2008
northampton
do them urself. its easy as long as you have plenty of time. took me a few days of filing ( they were kerbed ) and sanding, then a few days of spraying. another day of sanding and then the clear coat. left for a week ( airing cupboard would be best ) to dry out for fitting of tyres. cost me appox £5 sandpaper set, £4 cleaning wipes ,£16 grey undercoat,£32 pug steal grey,£24 on clear coat. was worth the wait, and looking the bees knees:drool: ( until the love of my life kerbed one [:@]).

STOKOE

Aug 26, 2004
TEESSIDE
had my lcr wheels done at romax they did a top job all 4 in 1 day. £50.00 a wheel.

Last edited:

bonesfrench

Nov 19, 2006
Thanks for the responses.

Sounds like I should give Romax a call.

Can you just give them the wheels with the Tyres on? Will they do any colour you want?

Thanks,

wackyracer

Wackyracer
May 12, 2007
Southampton
Sorry to jump on this one but im thinking of having mine done as well. They are 17in RS4 look wheels and the car is yellow, well primrose to be honest (damn fading paint!). I want to do them black, but then that leads to the question of matt or gloss finish.... any suggestions?

On the subject of diy.... i may just give that a go myself as well!

STOKOE

Aug 26, 2004
TEESSIDE
Thanks for the responses.

Sounds like I should give Romax a call.

Can you just give them the wheels with the Tyres on? Will they do any colour you want?

Thanks, yes you can just take the wheels down to them, they do nearly all colours there is some examples in the reception area.

Nev_LCR

Gone... but not forgoten
May 16, 2007
Ipswich, Suffolk
do them urself. its easy as long as you have plenty of time. took me a few days of filing ( they were kerbed ) and sanding, then a few days of spraying. another day of sanding and then the clear coat. left for a week ( airing cupboard would be best ) to dry out for fitting of tyres. cost me appox £5 sandpaper set, £4 cleaning wipes ,£16 grey undercoat,£32 pug steal grey,£24 on clear coat. was worth the wait, and looking the bees knees:drool: ( until the love of my life kerbed one [:@]).

that cost you £80 and alot of time, powdercoat for mine was £200 and i wont need them re-done next year.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.