anti roll bars

dan boy

May 1, 2008
loughborough
hi any body got any ideas on how to change anti roll bars on the front of a cupra r had a look today and spent best part off the day and still cant get old one off [:@] any ideas would be help full before i try again :cry:

dan boy

May 1, 2008
loughborough
done the bushes but when you take the bushes off you cant pull the bar out it hits the power steering rack .even droped the sub frame and still wont come out

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Even with the subframe dropped, the mounting points all removed you still cannot get it out??

I thought it was as straight forward as above

dan boy

May 1, 2008
loughborough
i thought so but sub frame only comes down about 2 inch then the power steering rack stops it coming down any further do i need to drop the rack

dan boy

May 1, 2008
loughborough
good luck with yours mate the only thing i found was putting the bushes back on the bolt that holds it can really easly cross thread its self

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
LCA rear bushes?
What all are you changing when your in there.
I was looking at mine today and was thinking about seam welding the whole bar, for much stiffness:)

dan boy

May 1, 2008
loughborough
changing front roll bar and bushes and drop links not uprated roll bar got ome one from seat main stealer got it for 55 quid with new bushes going to do rear after done front one

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.