ap racing 4 pot brake kits

andy_dea

Aug 9, 2003
north east
Visit site
has anyone looked into or got the ibiza ap racing 4 pot kit with calipers and disks pads and hoses ect, in an alternative to the brembo upgrade,

i know brembo have gone up, but will still be the cheap alternative but the ap calipers my give better clearance on hub to spoke , so can run more wheel choices without spacers, i.e superleggra so have the weight saving without effecting braking performance

cheers andy

cu51pra

black ibiza cupra
Mar 15, 2005
harlow in essex
andy_dea said:
has anyone looked into or got the ibiza ap racing 4 pot kit with calipers and disks pads and hoses ect, in an alternative to the brembo upgrade,

i know brembo have gone up, but will still be the cheap alternative but the ap calipers my give better clearance on hub to spoke , so can run more wheel choices without spacers, i.e superleggra so have the weight saving without effecting braking performance

the ap 4 pot kit is good and you can fit them behind superleggra because my mate has them on his ibiza cupra and he loves how well they work :D

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
cu51pra said:
yeah but there better then brembos ask bill i think hes running ap's on his ibiza

I run AP's but I went that way as I went DOWN in wheel size to 15" for track use.

They're not better braking than brembo's at all. They do have a larger pad area, so pads last longer (thicker too) and are thinner section so more wheel friendly, but they also cost x2.5 more then Brembos did.

you pays ya money.. and all that

andy_dea

Aug 9, 2003
north east
Visit site
the problem people used to have with willwood was the calipers did not contain dust seals, meaning they would need rebuilding everynow and then, so more maintance, or people forgetting and pistons sticking, think they may have new caliper design but dont think can compair to the quality of the standard brembos

ibizacupra

Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
andy_dea said:
... but dont think can compair to the quality of the standard brembos

They dont, but they do have lower profile calipers and some with dust seals also in their range.
Available from Rally Design.... look for 310x32 kit for Golf/Corrado G60

I used to run them, but disks were shite and warped too often, and calipers (superlight 4) were not consistent on braking for me. RobT used them to good effect however with none of the problems I had with mine. Brembo's were much better brakes BUT not so wheel friendly in the size dept.

chungster

SCN Veteran
May 27, 2001
Bedfordshire, UK
Visit site
Have you had a look at the AP website? or contacted them?

They do reply to their emails! (even got one from Pete Collen one time)

I had the 295x28 discs with the black CP5200 4 pot caliper / EBC Greenstuff pads / Goodridge hoses when I had my 20VT.

This was the first kit they did for the Ibiza.

Looking at the website they're now doing 330x28 discs for the ibiza

Kit number CP5200-1015

Should cost in region of £1900 brand new I'd imagine.

ibizacupra

Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
chungster said:
Have you had a look at the AP website? or contacted them?

They do reply to their emails! (even got one from Pete Collen one time)

I had the 295x28 discs with the black CP5200 4 pot caliper / EBC Greenstuff pads / Goodridge hoses when I had my 20VT.

This was the first kit they did for the Ibiza.

Looking at the website they're now doing 330x28 discs for the ibiza

Kit number CP5200-1015

Should cost in region of £1900 brand new I'd imagine.

hello Chungster..
:wave:

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.