Auto gauge 7 led oil temp

ET CUPRA

May 12, 2007
Essex
Anyone have a wiring diagram of how to wire ones of these up using the 7 wires on the gauge?

cheers guys

Last edited:

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
The green might be the feed from the sensor if you have an electrical gauge.
Red is 12v live
Black earth.

Did you get a wiring diagram?

ET CUPRA

May 12, 2007
Essex
hello lee

i have the 7 led guage where there is 7 wires, now i have the main 4 which is all power related, its the ones for the oil sender i think, the black goes to the sender then the white on the sender goes to an earth, which just leaves the red and green?

J0N

Defected!
Right then, if your gauge is the same as mine wire it as follows.

Gauge Power.
Thick Yellow - Permanent Live 12v,
Thick Purple and Thick Orange - Twist them together and connect to a switched live. (One that becomes live when you switch your lights on.)
Thick Black - A Good Earth.

Sender Power.
Thin Black - A Good Earth. (With the thick black).
Thin Green - To the Red (or sometimes it's white) Wire on your sender.
Thin Red - To a Permanent Live 12v (With the Thick Yellow).

The Sender.
Red (Or White) - To the Thin Green Wire as mentioned above.
Black - I connected mine directly to the battery negative (-).

It's especially important that you connect the thin red to a permanent live, if you connect it to the switched live from your lights it will read slightly lower than normal and the needle will go up and down with your dimmer switch.
Do all of this correctly and the gauge should remember what colour it was when you switched your ignition off (although these Halfords gauges don't always remember no matter how you wire them up) and the temperature needle should still read with the engine/ignition off.

Hope this helps, worked for me but if your car catches fire I cannot be held responsible.:D
If anyone thinks I've got it wrong please let me know, we don't want any disasters do we?

ET CUPRA

May 12, 2007
Essex
Thanks for the help guys, as moffmeister said all done now just drops the oil temp on the dimmer,so i will have to collar the moff for another few hours of electrical fun lol

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.