Auto Un-Lock Question

StevoWarby

Jun 19, 2001
Cwmbran, South Wales
Visit site
HI All,

Just recently had my 50k Service on my MY02 Leon Cupra.

I asked the guys to enable the auto-locking (Doors locking when you first reach 15mph).

I always thought that when you pulled up and took the key out of the ignition the doors automatically unlocked again? Please tell me I am wrong as it doesn't do this on my car - I have to either pull the door handle twice on a door to open it or press the button just underneath the electric mirror adjusters to unlock all doors.

Stevo

Getgaff

Less bounce, more beans
Mar 14, 2002
Numpty Land
Visit site
Sounds like your stealer only did half the job :rolleyes:

The doors should unlock when you remove the key from the ignition. They're failed to change one of the adaption codes in the ECU. Take it back and demand they do it right!

Tweak

Platinum 225 on the drive
Sep 17, 2003
North West
Visit site
Originally posted by StevoWarby
HI All,

Just recently had my 50k Service on my MY02 Leon Cupra.

I asked the guys to enable the auto-locking (Doors locking when you first reach 15mph).

I always thought that when you pulled up and took the key out of the ignition the doors automatically unlocked again? Please tell me I am wrong as it doesn't do this on my car - I have to either pull the door handle twice on a door to open it or press the button just underneath the electric mirror adjusters to unlock all doors.

Stevo

Hi Stevo,

I have a Leon Cupra R 225 and have the auto-lock thingy enabled and mine does unlock all doors once you pull up and remove the key.

I'd suggest you take it back to the dealer to see if they can enable the unlock feature too.

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
module 46 (central convenience)

advanced functions

10 adaption

recode =

channel 3 to 1 (default 0) autolock
channel 4 to 1 (default 0) +autolock

save and close
--------------------------------------------

second part is most important as it unlocks on the key and in case of accidnet

bimster

Can you tell me how much it cost to have it enabled. Wouldn't mind it enabled on mine.

Cheers.

-=Rob=-

Beer or Car?
Dec 14, 2002
South West
Visit site
Just be carefull your passengers don't wrench the passenger door handle off trying to get out if you stop and don't take the key out of the ignition, I am suprised mine is still on with the number of times it's been pulled and pulled..... :eek:

StevoWarby

Jun 19, 2001
Cwmbran, South Wales
Visit site
Cheers all - esp. Flapper for the codes.

Been looking for the specific codes for ages. (I presume the +Autolock is the unlock bit?!)

My dealership didn't even think it was possible to enable auto lock on the MT02 model at first!

To top it all off though - the coil packs have gone again this morning for the THIRD time. It would be quite funny if I didn't feel like driving the car over the edge of a cliff!

Stevo

rooo

Happy Member
Nov 25, 2003
Centre of the World
Visit site
Originally posted by rob.slader
Just be carefull your passengers don't wrench the passenger door handle off trying to get out if you stop and don't take the key out of the ignition, I am suprised mine is still on with the number of times it's been pulled and pulled..... :eek:

I thought the door would still open if the interior handles were used?

I could have sworn my dealer was out of the car before I even turned the ignition off on my test drive.

I hope so anyway, with my wife, I give them handles 4 weeks
:(

GAmbrose

May 5, 2002
Essex
Visit site
Whenever I have mates in the car they are so impatient with the doors.

Like it would kill them to wait 5 seconds whilst I turn the ignition off and pull the key out.

Gary A

Radiohead

Mar 13, 2002
location, location
Visit site
I've had this enabled for a couple of years on my Leon Cupra now.

As far as the safety issue goes, it's far more likely that some scrote would try and opn the door and nic something or jump in while Mrs R is on her own than it is her roll the car - and someone did try the door at traffic lights in Southampton last year, so that alone made it worthwhile. If you do roll it's quite likely that the doors will be stuck anyway, regardless of whether or not they're locked.

I consider it a very useful feature and wouldn't be without it. Mrs R says it makes her feel much safer, escecially now we are 3 and Baby R is in the car with her.

Stu B

DarthWombleIII & WombleII
Originally posted by Radiohead
I've had this enabled for a couple of years on my Leon Cupra now.

As far as the safety issue goes, it's far more likely that some scrote would try and opn the door and nic something or jump in while Mrs R is on her own than it is her roll the car - and someone did try the door at traffic lights in Southampton last year, so that alone made it worthwhile. If you do roll it's quite likely that the doors will be stuck anyway, regardless of whether or not they're locked.

I consider it a very useful feature and wouldn't be without it. Mrs R says it makes her feel much safer, escecially now we are 3 and Baby R is in the car with her.

Fair enough I guess... My Misses said NO THANKS! ///

The Governor

Nov 29, 2003
Visit site
Originally posted by Radiohead
As far as the safety issue goes, it's far more likely that some scrote would try and opn the door and nic something or jump in while Mrs R is on her own than it is her roll the car

Obviously the reverse is true if you're driving... :p

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.