Bad Rolling road....HELP Needed

deann

Dec 9, 2009
Wolves
Not great only 252 HP and 210 FtLb But i'm running stage 1 superchip. And a forge spacer and i dont think that helps...Also got them to run a VAG COM?? and it high lighted

Fault 008801 - Boost Pressre control valve N249 Mechanical malfunction???

So it's now booked in to Seat on Monday..

Anybody got an ideas??

Poverty

Not great only 252 HP and 210 FtLb But i'm running stage 1 superchip. And a forge spacer and i dont think that helps...Also got them to run a VAG COM?? and it high lighted

Anybody got an ideas??

faulty valve man. Not holding/making boost properly.

Blade

Aug 31, 2004
Teesside

Anybody got an ideas??

Do you really want to take it to Seat?. How are you going to explain the fault as it will prob run fine on standard boost. have you tried unplugging it then plugging back in - it could just be a bad connection

Last edited:

Poverty

Do you really want to take it to Seat?. How are you going to explain the fault as it will prob run fine on standard boost.

True, the car needs to be run stock to see how it performs. If it then runs as it should, im afraid you will have to pay out your own pocket to get it fixed.

deann

Dec 9, 2009
Wolves
Do i need to unplug the connector in the Bosch DV valve and plug it back in again? I've now took off the Forge spacer. If it wasn't £58 a pop having it rolling roaded i want to try it agin now...

I was unsure if seat would be able to see the Superchip stage 1 so i went back the guys who did it and got them to put the origional file back...

YIN

Leon cupra Mk2
Oct 6, 2003
Dudley
www.futuremark.com
Does the car actually feel ant slower then when mapped as you posted figures are bang on the money for a stock car. Is your car revo(in your sig ):confused: or superchips (as in your post):confused: The Map was turned on wasn't it:D.

Jon

deann

Dec 9, 2009
Wolves
Sig was a bit of a fib... It was superchiped when i took it on the rolling road...but it did only put out stock bhp and ftlb

I will amend the sig to only 252bhp...:(

The standard map is now back on ready to visit seat on monday.. Do you think it could of just been the forge valve???? Is it designed to have a blow off?? As when the forge valve is off where does the blow off GO?? :confused:

deann

Dec 9, 2009
Wolves
no I could really tell when the map was took off. I'm sure it is the Forge spacer that's not holding the boost. superchip are happy to re install after it's given clean bill of health. so vhats good.

singh123

Cupra
Mar 17, 2008
i have the Forge Spacer installed and it hasnt affected my performance at all as im preety sure its just there to make the wooosh wooosh noise

Poverty

Sig was a bit of a fib... It was superchiped when i took it on the rolling road...but it did only put out stock bhp and ftlb

I will amend the sig to only 252bhp...:(

The standard map is now back on ready to visit seat on monday.. Do you think it could of just been the forge valve???? Is it designed to have a blow off?? As when the forge valve is off where does the blow off GO?? :confused:

A few of us are running the spacer without ill effect. Have a look at your DV and see if it torn maybe.

deann

Dec 9, 2009
Wolves
its running the new D Style DV Not the old C Style value. with the rubber.

I'm really at a lose with it? hope it will be ok?

May 25, 2008
S.Wales
www.seatcupra.net
Hiya just reading the thread, how many runs did the guy do on the dyno and one not sure if this is your first run on a dyno but sometimes they are not correct err refering to dyno lotto...the forge spacer will not affect the performance of the car all it does is make the wooshing sound so i don't think thats going to be the problem ...like everyone said it could be the valve thats loose or just needs to be removed and readded again, other than that i would take the car to another dyno and try again.

Poverty

its running the new D Style DV Not the old C Style value. with the rubber.

I'm really at a lose with it? hope it will be ok?

The latest revision DV fits with the forge spacer? I thought/read it wouldnt fit!

May 25, 2008
S.Wales
www.seatcupra.net
The latest revision DV fits with the forge spacer? I thought/read it wouldnt fit!

yes it does fit but the part number is different i had to go to forge directly when mine didn't think and they one to fit back when i had the TSI engine which is rev D.
FMDV14T < thats number.

"This is a replacement for vehicles fitted with the OEM solenoid valve part number 06F 145 710 D. As found in the 2009 onwards 1.4 and 2.0 litre vehicles fitted with the "D" version of the solenoid"

DannyC87

Rubbing is Racing :-)
Mar 4, 2008
Sounds like the n249 is shot; can this be bypassed as with the mk1 leons?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members