Bad Rolling road....HELP Needed

robjnr

258 spanish donkeys
Oct 24, 2007
Bristol
Ah i see now,

Seems unlikely that it will make that power, probs just a dodgy RR ;)

Last edited:

vRSy

Fabia vRS
Jan 8, 2009
London
i say get under the car and check that the DV is all tight and flush with the mounting plate. could be the source of your lost boost there.

also as a counter measure try it without the spacer as well

deann

Dec 9, 2009
Wolves
thanks for all your input guys.

car now has standard map back on and Forge spacer now off.
it's now as standard as t day it arrived. .

I'm taking it down MK to superchips head office next week and let then do t re map again and run it on there RR.

I did do t spacer up tight but I'm sure that where I was loosing t pressure.

Thank you all for your suggestions. If you still think it could be somethin else pop it on.

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
thanks for all your input guys.

car now has standard map back on and Forge spacer now off.
it's now as standard as t day it arrived. .

I'm taking it down MK to superchips head office next week and let then do t re map again and run it on there RR.

I did do t spacer up tight but I'm sure that where I was loosing t pressure.

Thank you all for your suggestions. If you still think it could be somethin else pop it on.

sounds a good plan mate but with the dyno lottery superchips rollers give massive power claims on cars iirc they had a rolloing road day and a stage 1 cupra made something like 360 bhp and a stage 2+ made nearly 400 lol
so you will come away thinking all is right and have a big smile on your face thinking you have good numbers but you are not comparing eggs with eggs.
And your problem might still be there.
if i were you i would let seat look at your car with the fault stored on the ecu and go from there , have peace of mind knwing nothing is wrong before you map again and get it rolling roaded , also speak to forge about your spacer , you may have a dodgy 1 or the wrong one , eliminate 1 thing at a time , i know its frustrating but makes the best sense imho.

Poverty

I think hes assuming its remaped :shrug:

na standard

Poverty are you saying it should be 230 standard on a 2.0 tfsi 180?

na, basicaly what im saying is that the FR's standard usually do around 220-230hp standard on a dyno, and that there is no real difference between the fr engine and the 180 sport. The dyno is still a little optimistic imo, but not far off at all.

deann

Dec 9, 2009
Wolves
Re RR and amazing results

scan0002a.jpg

Hey guys after all the problems..

I took the motor down to Superchips head office in MK on Friday for them to correct my poor RR results from the other week.

They RR it and the standard results were 252 bhp

They dropped one map on it and it produces the 276 bhp you see on the graph

they then said they would play a little bit more... it then jumped up to 319bhp with 429 Nm of torque.

Its like driving a very different car!! Still not sure if i should put the Forge spacer back on now??? :)

Poverty

scan0002a.jpg

I took the motor down to Superchips head office in MK on Friday for them to correct my poor RR results from the other week.

they then said they would play a little bit more... it then jumped up to 319bhp with 429 Nm of torque.

Its like driving a very different car!! Still not sure if i should put the Forge spacer back on now??? :)

put the spacer back on ;)

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
scan0002a.jpg

so what were the problems they fixed then?
and what is it you running now?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.