Bedding in time for proflex dog bone bush.

Pat J

Detailing obsessive
Jun 12, 2008
North Lincolnshire
I have just fitted a proflex bush to my dog bone mount and knew there would be an increase in vibration into the vehicle but even after 500+ miles it's still horrendous and the better half wants to go back to the original rubber mount bush.
Does the vibration ease and if so after around how many miles? and if not can you buy the OEM rubber bush from anywhere or do you have to buy the complete mount at approx £50 from the dealers.

Any advice appreciated. [B)]

james walker

cooling is the key people
May 24, 2007
retford notts
it should have bedded by now mate, did you torque the bolts back up correctly, clean fully before refitting etc?

try the ina dogbone, more pricey at £99 but its a full mount and zero vibrations.

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
I had one fitted by a garage with the correct make up and torques and even after 40,000 miles it still sucked.
Get the INA track density DBM, its got all the control with none, and I mean none of the vibrations

MrJohnnyB

Apr 10, 2008
Sudbury, Suffolk
I have just fitted a proflex bush to my dog bone mount and knew there would be an increase in vibration into the vehicle but even after 500+ miles it's still horrendous and the better half wants to go back to the original rubber mount bush.
Does the vibration ease and if so after around how many miles? and if not can you buy the OEM rubber bush from anywhere or do you have to buy the complete mount at approx £50 from the dealers.

Any advice appreciated. [B)]

The price you pay for having a diesel and running these types of mounts...

james walker

cooling is the key people
May 24, 2007
retford notts
dont just get the dogbone mate, order all 3, makes sense seeing as you re paying the shipping anyway

only 220 shipped for all 3 then its happy days.....

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
We used to think we had to put up with the vibrations to get the control.
Issam, INA engineering and 034 Motorsport has changed our minds about this.

Polyflex DBM is dead, long live 034 Motorsport and INA Engineering:)

Aug 24, 2007
I got DPJ's old one there is little to no vibration when the car is warmed up. Only in heavy traffic with silly low revs do I occasionally notice it

05LeonFR

Had mine replaced yesterday done about 100 miles so far vibrations slowly going away

Last edited by a moderator:

stewbie55

No longer a Newbie
Aug 12, 2006
Just fitted my Race Density DBM from INA today.

Absolutely zero vibrations, but still solid, way way better than my poly bush one that had been on for 15k miles, and I've only just done 5 miles on it!

I'm really chuffed with this and it's well worth the extra ££ :D

stewbie55

No longer a Newbie
Aug 12, 2006
We used to think we had to put up with the vibrations to get the control.
Issam, INA engineering and 034 Motorsport has changed our minds about this.

Polyflex DBM is dead, long live 034 Motorsport and INA Engineering:)

I'll second that... thanks for the advice JS, glad I went for the race one in the end :)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members