blueflame turbo back fitted

Banksy 1

ibiza cupra
May 27, 2007
Stoke-On-Trent
Recently fitted my turbo back exhaust and im quite suprised with the difference it has made as i wasnt expecting much performance difference until i get it custom mapped but im quite happy with it, was a right pig to fit though as the bolt holes on the downpipe were that close to the pipe itself that when i put the 17mm nut on there wasnt room for a socket to be fitted over the nut without fouling the pipe itself so had to use a crowsfoot which took me forever to tighten them! did anyone else have this problem when fitting there blueflame system>?

turboboy

Limp Mode Squad ™
Dec 9, 2003
hants
i fitted the same about 2/3 months back noticed no performance gain but found it quite easy to fit! i could get a socket on the 17mm no probs!

Matt S!

ovni ibiza cupra 1.8T
Apr 9, 2007
stoke-on-trent
I have a BF turbo back zorst. Had my local garage fit it back in summer 2007 (psi tuning).

I noticed a difference on my revo stg 1 ibiza ...

Was well worth the money. I fitted the cat-back exhaust in 2006 and the DP/sports cat in 2007. The DP/sports cat made a difference, whereas the cat-back was just all noise. lol

Banksy 1

ibiza cupra
May 27, 2007
Stoke-On-Trent
Well maybe it was just a manufacturing fault on mine then because it was impossible to get a socket onto 3 of the 4 nuts, its just a bit awkward to fit and i have got go through the hassle again when ko3s turbo is to be fitted. Thought this was just how they are made as its a quite big downpipe.

cuprabaz

Racing 2020VT
Jun 22, 2004
Aberdeenshire
I got a 3" downpipe and cat and the bolts are a pig to tighten. Takes ages.:censored:

My brother's got the blueflame and it starts off at 3" then tapers down to 2.5" and it was also a pain in the hoop to tighten.

PiperRS

Exhaust and Camshafts
Okay. Is this on a K03 turbo? Our flow work on the Leons showed that only K04 and bigger warranted 3" pipe work, while the K03 and K03s needed only 2.5" and any bigger made a loss in potential performance?

Who came about with the idea of 3" for these cars?

Kind Regards

Garry
Product Development Dept

cuprabaz

Racing 2020VT
Jun 22, 2004
Aberdeenshire
My car has had both 2.5 and 3. The 3" gives more bhp, more torque and quicker 1/4 mile time.;) This is what i've found on my car.

My downpipe was made my AM Motorsport.

freddie

super duper cupra...
Apr 2, 2007
Hull, East Yorkshire
miltek and blueflame have been making dp and sports cats for the mk3 ibiza for years now and there is nothing but praise from everyone who owns one. I personally have the miltek set up but wouldn't be fussed weather it miltek of blueflame

SeatR

Mar 17, 2008
Norway, Bergen
okey, old thread, but seriously, where did u buy your blueflame exhaust? they dont have a mail adress i can contact them on?

or are there other websites wich sells them.

R4cup

Beef NO Burger
Jul 28, 2006
In the garage
My car has had both 2.5 and 3. The 3" gives more bhp, more torque and quicker 1/4 mile time.;) This is what i've found on my car.

My downpipe was made my AM Motorsport.

Hi mate, what mods did u have when u fitted 3" dp?
My exhaust is currently blowing at the min & im hoping 2 get 1 fitted the weekend but im stuck deciding if i should go for 2.5 all the way or 3" into 2.5

If i went 3" from turbo would 2.5 start after the cat?

cuprabaz

Racing 2020VT
Jun 22, 2004
Aberdeenshire
It's up to you mate. My one is 3" then drops to 2.5" after the cat. Some says it's good some says it's bad personal choice i guess.

Reuvers

I is a Dutch man!
Oct 30, 2007
Netherlands
right you are.

Tuners near me also say that 2.5 is optimal and 3" will only increase sound. But I am sure that others will say something different. I personally went for 2.5 front to back and suits me fine.

Dec 13, 2006
Ashford, Middx
If it helps, all our flow work and development showed that 2.5" was optimal for the K03/K03s turbo. Only a mapped K04 needed a 3" downpipe leading to a 2.5" system.

I hope this helps.

Kind Regards

Product Development Dept

Whats the disadvantages of having a 3" dp as of 2.5"? Is there much difference in the two?

I was looking at getting the BF 3" DP and race cat then 2.5" system.

PiperRS

Exhaust and Camshafts
We found that it was just to big and the huge lag in preasure caused the turbo to stutter, not spin smoothly and lag was increased and with a lose of power at the top end. Cars feel quicker with it as you get a big wag of power delivery in the middle but poor low down and top end.

Kind Regards

Garry
Product Development Dept

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise