Bocanegra Rolling Road Results + Video + Graph

Jul 11, 2009
Dorking
May take mine to "the pod" in aprill GTI spring fest is the 11th i think, maybe fun :lol:
Autocar got a 15.5 sec 1/4 from their test car, but it had a sunroof and leather, so quite heavy? they also got a 15.1 1/4 mile from a Leon Cupra R with 237bhp - thats something to aim for! (will be there at 8am if its not raining.)

mardon

Feel the DIFFerence
Sep 22, 2008
A bean bag
just out of curiosity... what is your bedding in method? :D

It seems to have worked well!. There were a few threads on oil last night so I thought I best do another check on mine. I've done 4k miles in about 3 months and used very very little oil so the piston rings must have a decent seal. I only needed to add a drop (less than a litre).

Basically I took it easy for the first 100 or so miles to give the brakes and tires time to get a little bedded in then drove the car as normal with some hard acceleration and did not use the cruise control (as apparently this can cause flat spots on engines which are bedding in). I read a long and interesting webpage about a guy who builds race engines and has tried various methods and finds the technique I used the best for getting engines that make the power and use less oil.

CupraDean

Brrrmmm Tttsssssss
Dec 11, 2009
Newbury
ahh right cool. awww no cruise control i was goin to whack that on straight away when i got on motorway... as i driving a long motorway to pick car up! haha. guess i wont now :) thanks.

nightflight

May 18, 2009
Sheffield
you'll be far to busy booting it past people and then thinking "****, supposed to be taking it easy" (repeat) to worry about cruise control :lol:

mardon

Feel the DIFFerence
Sep 22, 2008
A bean bag
haha yeah this ^^

You dont want to kill the car just give it a good taste off all the different types of engine use.

mardon

Feel the DIFFerence
Sep 22, 2008
A bean bag
Autocar got a 15.5 sec 1/4 from their test car, but it had a sunroof and leather, so quite heavy? they also got a 15.1 1/4 mile from a Leon Cupra R with 237bhp - thats something to aim for! (will be there at 8am if its not raining.)

Thought the Cupra R has in the region of 260BHP? Was it just a standard Cupra?

What date are you going pod?

Poverty

:lol: Maybe if you were 5 up( all over 16 stone) and had the handbrake on Poverty!!
Picking on the wee ibiza's:p

I think a 200hp on a diet ibiza tipping the scales at 950kg with DSG would give me a run for my money on a standing start run. Hear that these map to about 220-230hp aswell.

What I would really like to see though is a de-dpf FR in action

Trumpetman21

Fully Membered
Jan 17, 2006
Manchester
I remember when I put my Mk IV Cupra TDI on the Awesome RR back in 2006....the dyno suggested over 170bhp ATW with 185bhp at the fly (book says 160bhp). Cue howls of derision from the then-owner of the SCC forum whose p*ss-poor Mk III Cupra was comprehensively beaten.

How I laughed.

mardon

Feel the DIFFerence
Sep 22, 2008
A bean bag
I went on a rolling road day in my old 106GTi at the same place. Mine made 143BHP ATW with quite a few engine mods. There were 206 GTi 180's making 175/180BHP and a standard Clio 182 made 179BHP so it must be there or there abouts.

Trumpetman21

Fully Membered
Jan 17, 2006
Manchester
My Megane was around 210bhp ATW & 230bhp at the fly when I had it on the rollers there last summer. Again, close to book.

A note of caution though - you'd be lucky to see a 182 make anything close to book if the RS forum is to be believed.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.