Boost Gauge - How to get vacuum hose into car?

Jul 23, 2008
Manchester - UNITED
Ive never heard of a car failing a mot because of pillar pods! I guess if u had a nod of a tester! but really if its subtle then whats the problem.
I dont use pillar gauges as i dont like the way the obscure your view but thats a personal thing really.

kriso

_______ C U P R A _______
Jan 29, 2007
Brighton
Cool, mine should be around the same then I hope. I'll have to get someone to stare at it while I floor it :)

depresion

Dec 14, 2005
You have to look at the swept area of the wiper.... Find where the blade stops and measure 40mm into the screen, if there is anything in the way after that then it's a fail.

Image004-5.jpg

So you are saying the answer is to limit the sweep of the wiper. :) Mk2 Leon owners must struggle as don't there wipers rest into the A pillar?

Ric 2001

Need an ID-ten-T form
Ive never heard of a car failing a mot because of pillar pods! I guess if u had a nod of a tester! but really if its subtle then whats the problem.
I dont use pillar gauges as i dont like the way the obscure your view but thats a personal thing really.

Seat dealer told me and I took them out. Then I told the tester afterwards and she said she would have failed it if the gauges where in.

You’re not even supposed to have anything dangling from the rear view mirror.

Jul 23, 2008
Manchester - UNITED
Some of you guys must get your cars motd by some right tools!
If a tester told me i couldnt have my 100 magic trees, fluffy dice, boxing gloves and mirror ball hanging from my mirror id tell him to :censored: right off :D

Jul 23, 2008
Manchester - UNITED
so how did you guys wire your gauges then i hear some people used the headunit ? any pics of this?

I took the switch out for controling the lights and just picked up a 12v feed and earth from the back of there, not exactly sure which wires. I used a voltmeter to find 12v that switched on with the ignition and used that. I didnt worry about overloading anything with two tiny LEDs and it has been completely fine (touch wood) :D

May 29, 2008
Aberdeenshire
Not 100% sure how i did it but i wired parallel to my side lights so the LED's come on with the side lights! Did u manage to find a feed for ur vacum hose on the drivers side???

Jul 23, 2008
Manchester - UNITED
You dont use a vacum on a diesel, you plumb straight into the intercooler pipework and measure the presure from there :)
And no i went into the plastic pipe that runs down the drivers side of the engine but then i couldnt get the hose through into the car so had to go across the engine bay, into the passenger side and then back across the dash.
Works fine and was the only way i could see of doing it.

bizzaboy

Boost Gauge - How to get vacuum hose into car?

Has anyone got some better pics of how to do this? :)

It's a very good question.

I think it depends alot on the vacuum hose diameter - different vacuums have different diameter hoses, however you'd imagine them all to be the same size!

Will you be taking the vacuum hose from, for example, a Dyson or a Henry Hoover?
The Vacuum cleaner itself can be recycled, as you simply purchase a new hose for it.

Jul 23, 2008
Manchester - UNITED
It's a very good question.

I think it depends alot on the vacuum hose diameter - different vacuums have different diameter hoses, however you'd imagine them all to be the same size!

Will you be taking the vacuum hose from, for example, a Dyson or a Henry Hoover?
The Vacuum cleaner itself can be recycled, as you simply purchase a new hose for it.

:lol:This guys great!:lol:
I thought Jimmy Carr was my fav comedian, but no! Its this guy:lol:

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.