Boost Gauge T piece

__B3NNY__

OEM with a 'Twist'
May 5, 2005
Oxford
Just a quicke anybody got any idea where i can get the T piece that fits on to the dump valve for the boost gauge to work, As im getting a set of 2nd hand gauges but it doesnt come with the T piece.

Cheers.

__B3NNY__

OEM with a 'Twist'
May 5, 2005
Oxford
Cheers for the info, does anybody have a picture of the T piece as i havent the foggyest what they look like? Also he says that i will need some piping to run from the DV and suggestions on what sort of piping i need?

Basicly im buying these, So any info on what i will need to get them fitted will be great, Im pretty confident about fitting them its just a case of what other bits i will need as i know it doesnt come with everything even when new, Wires etc...

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=107546

Cheers guys.

Ps Would partco sell them as i work next to one?

Bogwoppit

Aug 30, 2005
Lincs
Reelsteel will sell you the pipe and T piece separately.
On the pdf that is linked to the dials look at page 10, items BY4 and BY3222 and BY3223. When I ordered my dials from them I recieved them next day.

Are you fitting them to the centre console in front of the gearstick?

__B3NNY__

OEM with a 'Twist'
May 5, 2005
Oxford
Reelsteel will sell you the pipe and T piece separately.
On the pdf that is linked to the dials look at page 10, items BY4 and BY3222 and BY3223. When I ordered my dials from them I recieved them next day.

Are you fitting them to the centre console in front of the gearstick?

Thats just what im looking for cheers mate, do i need to buy both kits? also will i need to buy anything for oil temp gauge? apart from the wiring for the leds?

Pete Ive got a double piller pod on order from nomad.

David.

__B3NNY__

OEM with a 'Twist'
May 5, 2005
Oxford
Can any one tell me which kit i need to buy? and do i need to get one for the oil temp sensor or any other bits for the oil temp thats doesnt come in the box? im just hoping to order all the bits tonight/tomoz! :D

cheers.

Edit. Also what wire will i need to get to run from the temp sensor to the gauge as in the pic there doesnt seem to be one?

Last edited:

Bogwoppit

Aug 30, 2005
Lincs
I think you will need the kit with the Ferule as I can't quite see it in the pictures (but I am tired), the ferule is the bit that screws to the back of the boost gauge to secure the boost signal pipe.
You will need a good length of wire to run from the temp sender to the oil temp gauge, any single core stranded wire will be fine.

Also stick some red leds in the gauges cos then your dials will look like this:

Dialsclose2.jpg

Centreconsolenight.jpg

dialsnight1.jpg

Dials2.jpg

Last edited:

__B3NNY__

OEM with a 'Twist'
May 5, 2005
Oxford
Cheers mate, yeh im going to put the red leds in, I see one of your other posts which ones did you use the 501 wide lense of the normal?

Cheers.

also will i have to buy another kit of the oil temp?

Last edited:

__B3NNY__

OEM with a 'Twist'
May 5, 2005
Oxford
Awsome will order now! just to clarify the wires i need to get are a 12v+ and a 12v- for each gaugeto light the leds and a single core wire to go from the temp sender to the gauge. Also if i use craigs guide as a guide will this allow me to use the dimmer?

David.

__B3NNY__

OEM with a 'Twist'
May 5, 2005
Oxford
So there will be 2 12v+ and 2 12v- running from the temp gauge. 1 for the backlights and one for the gauge itself to work.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.