Boost gauge with red numbering and black background?

jamiebennett81

looking to install a new boost gauge (psi) as I have decided (as cheap and as effective my autogauge is - bar), it could be a better match and I also want to switch to PSI

I want to get an oil temp gauge to match too. Looking at a maximum of £40 per gauge

does anyone know where sells a good match to the spec I am after. Seen a few, but seeing if anyone else can help out

Thanks

Damoegan

Sir Bob,a geordy legend..
Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
I have a ProSport Premium Electric Boost gauge. It has peak memory & warning functions. Top gauge.

http://prosportgauges.com/amber-white-premium-electric-boost-gauge.aspx

09122007125.jpg

09122007124.jpg

09122007122.jpg

jamiebennett81

cheers guys

Damoegan, is that easy to wire up, as it has a choice of different colours, does it need extra wiring in as such

also when ordering, it gives you a choice of amber/white, green/white, blue/white :confused:

Damoegan

Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
You want the amber/white one.

Very easy to wire up mate. You just need a switched live, a perminent live and a negative (I took the feeds off the head unit to make it easyer). When you wire it up you either use the white wire or the orange one, depending on what colour you want.

I think they used to go on the bay for less than the web price.

I think you can link them togeather like the Defi ones (there like cheaper copys of Defi gauges). Very smooth operation. Fantastic gauges.

jamiebennett81

You want the amber/white one.

Very easy to wire up mate. You just need a switched live, a perminent live and a negative (I took the feeds off the head unit to make it easyer). When you wire it up you either use the white wire or the orange one, depending on what colour you want.

I think they used to go on the bay for less than the web price.

I think you can link them togeather like the Defi ones (there like cheaper copys of Defi gauges). Very smooth operation. Fantastic gauges.

thanks mate

Looking at an oil temp gauge too on that site

Damoegan

Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
You could always sell the other one on the bay if you dont want it mate.

Here are a few vids of when I was testing mine befor I fitted it

jamiebennett81

nice shoes dude in the second Vid ;)

looking great, but does it beep like that everytime you switch it on, as it sounded really loud?

jamiebennett81

Rigger boots bud :D I'm an engineer so I need them...

No mate, you can turn it off, I have.

thats good then, thought you might be going clubbing in them!:D

ah ok, thats good then, because that would really start to piss me off after a while

Damoegan

Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
ah ok, thats good then, because that would really start to piss me off after a while

As long as you wire it up propery (ie. with a perminent live (memory)) you can turn the beep off. I did'nt wire it op properly at first and did'nt have a perminent live and the beep evey time I started the car realy got on my tits. So I re-done the wiring and took the feeds from the head unit as its much easyer to distinguish what is what then.

jamiebennett81

As long as you wire it up propery (ie. with a perminent live (memory)) you can turn the beep off. I did'nt wire it op properly at first and did'nt have a perminent live and the beep evey time I started the car realy got on my tits. So I re-done the wiring and took the feeds from the head unit as its much easyer to distinguish what is what then.

cheers for the help chief;)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise