Boot Light and Glovebox Light Parts list and vague instructions...

philje123

Chug chug
Jul 5, 2011
York
Ok so I checked today after finding that the light was already fitted.

Took the side panel off and I saw that there was a switch installed too then noticed the connector for the light hanging loose. PLugged it in and hey presto!

The bulb in the holder looked brand new like it's never been used so maybe the light has never been connected?!

elethiel27

I don'T know that thread read by actives or not, but if anyone could help a little bit i could appreciate it.
Planning to install boot lights on my 04' ibiza sx 5door since i noticed there is not even wiring ready at the back of the car for do it,so i've checked what way i could wire up the car, but couldn't find which wire i need to connected to that makes the light turn on when i open the boot door. Any ideas which wire (colour) is responsible for detecting the door is open.

ps. i will power the back with the red/black wire from my interior front light.

Thanks in advance!!

jtonline

www.jtonline.info
On my 2005 it is the brown/blue wire in a pink connector in the wiring loom that provides an earth for the light.

It's under the boot carpet below the nearside parcel shelf support. There was already a knockout piece in the parcel shelf support on that side for the light, so I just bought the light from a dealer. As you say, the positive feed is a case of running a wire up to the red/black behind the front interior light.

elethiel27

well i'm not sure the 2005 models same as the 2004 ones... cause i got no pre made wiring or anything.
and just noticed my door switch that is turn on the interior light is inside my lock mechanism in the door.. so need to find that wire in my door loom somehow.

jtonline

www.jtonline.info
... cause i got no pre made wiring or anything...

Hmm.. I suppose it's possible that they redesigned the wiring looms. But you must have a loom there for the rear light clusters, wiper etc. You might be able to find the wire by removing the trim behind the boot lock and tracing the wires back into the boot. Note that the pink connector where I tapped into the brown/blue is not just dangling spare, it's a plug & socket which contains other wires within the loom.

... and just noticed my door switch that is turn on the interior light is inside my lock mechanism in the door...

I would expect there to be a switch in the door lock that turns the interior light on when you open the door, but you should still be able to pick up the red/black live behind the light.

Hope this helps, but if not I hopefully someone with a 2004 model will reply.

Last edited:

elethiel27

I would expect there to be a switch in the door lock that turns the interior light on when you open the door

Yes its in the door lock u right, thats the reason i can't find the wire i need from the switch.

but you should still be able to pick up the red/black live behind the light.

Yes, i will. but the + live is just power the lights not going to turn on it on and off when open/close the doors, especially the back door cause that one have no microswitch inside the lock.

Last edited by a moderator:

jtonline

www.jtonline.info
...but the + live is just power the lights not going to turn on it on and off when open/close the doors...

Yes, the permanent live (+) from the interior light goes to one side of the new lamp in the boot. The earth (-) is provided by the blue/brown wire that comes from the boot lock & goes to the other side of the new lamp. When the boot opens, the new lamp gets the earth to complete the circuit and lights up.

Last edited:

elethiel27

aaaa got it! :p gonna check it out, once the weather let me, cause now it's terrible. Thank you!

ndanika

Jan 11, 2013
HA1
boot light stays on after locking the car

Hi guys

Just wondering if anyone had the same problem. I've installed the boot light as per the fitting instructions, and it was working well but now when I lock the vehicle the boot light stays on. when locking the boot the light dims, but stays on. It goes out after 20 mins or so, which is the safety switch I think. No issues with the interior light in the front, just the boot light. (also just to add I had a recent trip to Europe for 2 weeks, and it was around 40-45 C°and the rear opening mechanism (Seat Badge) started to be a bit sticky, have to push it back with hand, won't close from itself, not sure if it has anything to do with it)

Cheers,

Daniel

P.S. (53 plate pd130 sport, had no boot light originally)

Last edited:

BlackFR

Jan 22, 2002
Not too far away
Blimey, I forgot I started this all those years ago!

I am guessing that the switch in the locking mechanism may have gone a bit dodgy juding by you having problems with the boot mech.

May be worth a strip down and clean up.

Do the hazards flash when you lock it? I think they only do that if all doors and boot are closed.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.