Brake light issue - please help

nicko16

Mar 29, 2008
Hi all,

I'm in need of urgent help, my preheating system light started flashing yesterday and i found that my brake lights had stopped working completely.

I checked all the bulbs and they were fine, even tried changing them to be sure.

I've just tried changing the brake light switch but now the rear lights and upper brake light remain on constantly even with lights off and ignition off.

The light initially cleared but has just come back on and the symptoms now remain the same with both the old and new switch.

Any ideas would be very very appreciated.

Thanks

Nick

nicko16

Mar 29, 2008
Will try and get the fault codes ASAP.

Bought a new one and tried to fit without know the exact method, does this mean ive broken the switch? Could someone explain the correct method?

Thanks

marshyc

Mar 12, 2006
Huddersfield
Yeah that's the one.

One of the switches is alot more difficult to fit than the other. I did mine recently but it was the easier of the two and a doddle to fit.

If yours was the same switch as mine then I would get it VAG-COM'd as you may have a fault or some wiring shorting out.

nicko16

Mar 29, 2008
Sorted now, first i bought the complicated b-d style switch and fudged it. Later that day i bought the simple a type which worked a treat

Many thanks for your replies MarshyC

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members