Brands Hatch BTCC Finals Day, October 4th

ipd56

Barmy Army Nutter
Really? I only just found out myself:confused:

So - the story is this: Poor MSV (that's Motorsport Vision) have lost sooooo much revenue by the appearance of the Holiday Inn balloon (which has been there for many years in my memory)...that they can't help YRC or SEATCupra.net with passes for the South Bank anymore.:blink:

I'm not one to complain (or am I?), but I'm not overly happy. Forgetting the loyal support you've shown them (and SEAT) over the years...to suggest lost revenue is the issue is pretty poor. I would usually be cautious about cutting off my nose (to the detriment of YRC) but seeing as MSV have never given us the time of day on any proposal or suggestion we've made - I have nothing to loose by making you aware of their policies. They have lovely people working there (particularly the ever helpful Mr T) whose hands are tied by management who seem more interested in immediate bottom line than customer satisfaction and rewarding loyalty. Let's just say, if I was ever lucky enough to work with hundreds of thousands of pounds worth of motorsport budget again in my career...I might just spend it elsewhere.[:@]

thx alot for tryying Hannah any way :)

FSiLeonMike

Barmy Army Reservist (TA)
Apr 26, 2007
Bury St Edmunds/Stowmarket-ish
Really? I only just found out myself:confused:

So - the story is this: Poor MSV (that's Motorsport Vision) have lost sooooo much revenue by the appearance of the Holiday Inn balloon (which has been there for many years in my memory)...that they can't help YRC or SEATCupra.net with passes for the South Bank anymore.:blink:

I'm not one to complain (or am I?), but I'm not overly happy. Forgetting the loyal support you've shown them (and SEAT) over the years...to suggest lost revenue is the issue is pretty poor. I would usually be cautious about cutting off my nose (to the detriment of YRC) but seeing as MSV have never given us the time of day on any proposal or suggestion we've made - I have nothing to loose by making you aware of their policies. They have lovely people working there (particularly the ever helpful Mr T) whose hands are tied by management who seem more interested in immediate bottom line than customer satisfaction and rewarding loyalty. Let's just say, if I was ever lucky enough to work with hundreds of thousands of pounds worth of motorsport budget again in my career...I might just spend it elsewhere.[:@]

Cheers for trying Hannah, guess we'll all have to give the poor and destitute Mr Palmer our £5 beer tokens for South Bank Entry ;)

Last edited:

Timthebrief

Barmy Army sleeper cell
Big Screen will probably be by the adverts at the back of the South Bank hard standing so no probs for viewing. We may select our position on South Bank so we get some view of it though so we can see out onto the GP loop.

Latest weather forecast now shows little risk of rain on Saturday and mixture of cloud and Sun but dry for Sunday except in the SCN catering area of course :drunk: :cheers:

FSiLeonMike

Barmy Army Reservist (TA)
Apr 26, 2007
Bury St Edmunds/Stowmarket-ish
Big Screen will probably be by the adverts at the back of the South Bank hard standing so no probs for viewing. We may select our position on South Bank so we get some view of it though so we can see out onto the GP loop.

Latest weather forecast now shows little risk of rain on Saturday and mixture of cloud and Sun but dry for Sunday except in the SCN catering area of course :drunk: :cheers:

SCN catering area won't be rain soaked, J.D. and lager maybe, but not rain

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Chilton on pole where did that come from. :p JP second, just ahead of Giovarnadi but series leader Turkington is down in 10th.

Fulvio took a 2nd place podium in the 2nd G50 race today so that's great news for YRC hopefully tomorrow he can make it there again.

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Bit of a thriller coming up for race 3, JP has been on top form today. Gio and Turk are right there in the mix. I would love JP to win, but I think the 3rd race maybe a tough ask with full ballast.

My hope otherwise is that Turkington will score enough points to be champion. Its going to be a right bunfight, last race of the season nearly always is. :D

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
I knew it would be a tense one. Amazing weekend for JP, so unlucky not to be champion after a stellar performance. RML are a proper outfit and their performance this year has been A1 as you would expect from this world leading team.

However not in anyway disappointed with the result, Turkington was a worthy winner and I'm so happy that VXR's tactics didn't work out and despite the efforts of that consummate cheat Neal. Turk was able to keep it together and finish, worthy winner and a popular winner no doubt.

F2 Stu

I. Am. Legend.
Oct 4, 2001
Crawley, UK
Visit site
Excellant days racing!, the last race had everything! shame I've been laid up with a cold all day and coulden't go:(

Just deserts for Vuaxhall however:yes:

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.