**Breaking** 418.5bhp (Parts list pg24) Joe's (GT3071R) Ibiza Cupra R

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
I've not seen on track checking at Pembrey, Llandow, Combe, Rockingham and Silverstone when i've done them.

Not had any issues with sound either when i used mine, 3" straight through single box.

Have you had issues with failing the test?

joehirth

Rate me up baby
Apr 19, 2010
Woking, Surrey
www.facebook.com
I've not seen on track checking at Pembrey, Llandow, Combe, Rockingham and Silverstone when i've done them.

Not had any issues with sound either when i used mine, 3" straight through single box.

Have you had issues with failing the test?

I have 3 silencers now - two in centre pipe and a backbox.

I blagged the last sound check at Bedford by saying I had a 5k limiter and they only made me rev to 4k got 99db so at the supposed test level at say 5.5k ish I would have thought will be over Bedford's 100db static if not everyone elses 101-102db too!

joehirth

Rate me up baby
Apr 19, 2010
Woking, Surrey
www.facebook.com
So it seems that HiSpec do NOT actually sell AP rotors, they are made in house and are just replicas;

PHP:
'Hello Joe,

The rotors are not from AP, they are AP replacement rotors manufactured by HiSpec. We are confident that our castings are the same quality as those from AP (being supplied by the same UK foundary)
And simply machine them to the same dimensions

Kind Regards
Alex

Sales Department'

So I am going to AKS Tuning for Alex to sort me with some proper ones!

joehirth

Rate me up baby
Apr 19, 2010
Woking, Surrey
www.facebook.com
I did say they make em. But ive just recieved mine they look really good.

Just waiting in new bolts

Hows the tubby looking?

Yeah I remember you saying. It has taken me about 3 weeks to get that answer, they are just rubbish at replying to emails. Annoyed at their customer service already.

Alex has my turbo at the moment, getting a new housing machined up as no one seems to stock the 3071 .86 hotside, it appears Garrett didn't make spares because they weren't many of them. Instead I have to get a 2871 machined out.

Everything very slow currently because I'm just waiting for my flat purchase to go through.

joehirth

Rate me up baby
Apr 19, 2010
Woking, Surrey
www.facebook.com
Got the special nuts from Alex @ AKS, fitted the hotside to the manifold and then to the car. Just trying to get myself a decent set of circlip pliers to put the coldside back on:

That's also the new hotside which is actually a GT28 machined out since Garrett claim they never made any replacement hotsides for my turbo!

joehirth

Rate me up baby
Apr 19, 2010
Woking, Surrey
www.facebook.com
Looks good Joe least things are moving forward

What's special about the nuts?

Cheers. I've had to buy a set of decent circlip pliers as the coldside is proving impossible to attach without good pliers.

The nuts, are supposedly, used on F1 cars the look to be high tensile and ceramic coated. Ideal for a hot exhaust really! They also have very thin side walls on the nut itself, so the M10 nuts have a 12mm head and the M8's have 10mm. Makes things a little easier when bolting up the exhaust and turbo.

Hoping that there will be a big update this month, if I can afford it in time! If not next month should bring some news.

cuprawill

Turbo lag is foreplay
Nov 20, 2009
Nice to see you still got this and still spending time on it hope all is well. Really tempted to get another now

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

cuprawill

Turbo lag is foreplay
Nov 20, 2009
Hi Will, you shouldn't have got rid of the old one ;)

Biggest mistake I made had a few cars since and nothing compared to the fun of that. Worst thing is I had the chance to buy it back a lot cheaper than I sold it. Really wish I did now

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

joehirth

Rate me up baby
Apr 19, 2010
Woking, Surrey
www.facebook.com
Slowly coming back together, so I now have a new gearbox with SQS gearset and Peloquin LSD in.

Gone with the smooth rocker

Cold side mounted actuator bracket - really sturdy this time

Oh and bought these:

Just looking for some suitable pads to go with the setup now, Carbotech were on the cards, Alex is now trying to tempt me with Project MU.

Things been very slow recently due to me purchasing my first property, as of yesterday :D

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.