*BREAKING* James Judd's Forged 1.9 Mk3 Ibiza HTA GT2868R Build *BREAKING*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 4, 2010
Cambs
Right a bit more progress.

Dash came out today (alot easier the second time round!)

Dash1.jpg

Dash3.jpg

Then I removed the passenger airbag and the heater matrix/blower/AC unit. The last of the sound deadening was then removed.

Dash2.jpg

Dash5.jpg

Heres a picture to sum up the last 3 days of my life lol

Dash4.jpg

I am thinking about completely ditching the heater and just fit a heated screen. I will probably regret doing this but I only plan to use the car in nice weather.. if not i will just wrap up warm haha.

Jan 8, 2007
Wiltshire
Nice one mate - we seem to be running on parallel threads with our cars.

I keep getting the itch to whack some buckets in mine but know if I do that I'll end up stripping it out completely as you have done.

It's the sound deadening that puts me off - looks like a right soul destroying exercise to get rid of properly

Jul 4, 2010
Cambs
Nice one mate - we seem to be running on parallel threads with our cars.

I keep getting the itch to whack some buckets in mine but know if I do that I'll end up stripping it out completely as you have done.

It's the sound deadening that puts me off - looks like a right soul destroying exercise to get rid of properly

Haha it is starting too seem that way Rob!

The funny thing is the guy messed me about with the seats so I never ended up buying them. So now I have a fully stripped car with nothing to go in it. Although I did pick up some Sabelt 6 point race harnessed FIA till 2013 still for a steal.. so atleast ill be safe lol

Im thinking it looks a little empty now so I have been eyeing up a custom cages multipoint rollcage :whistle:

To be honest the lovely weather we have been having is the only thing that got me through stripping the deadening, the sense of achievement was great when it was finally all done.
Id say set yourself aside a full weekend to get to the stage I am at.

It is :(.

Any updates on windscreen Jimmy boy?

I found one place that seem to sell them, although they picture a mk3 they state from years 2000-2009 which isnt right.. hmm good price though.

http://ramsport.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=16&products_id=544

Any idea how much that stuff actually weighs collectively?

Id say 20-25kg at a push, not really worth it in sheer weight saving, but its nice to have it all out, and for welding ect.

Jul 4, 2010
Cambs
Im sad too say I have lost the love and have decided too sell up.

Keep an eye out on eBay guys, everything will be up for sale in the next few weeks.

dan.h

That's a shame mate, always read this thread when updates appear on it. I'm doing a similar thing with my corrado.

Sometimes it's better to just have a break away from it and then re visit it in a few weeks time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members