Car caught fire!!!

Mar 18, 2003
In oncoming traffic
Visit site
On M606 this morning something under bonnet let go, pulled onto hard shoulder to look under bonnet and saw FLAMES!!! Thought hard about p***ing on it but called 999 and brigade put it out! not a write off but bad!!!!
Think it was Turbo that went but not sure, oil caught fire! AA have recovered and insurance inspector os out on friday to look at it! Car has only done 15k miles all serviced etc!! Any one any ideas why turbo would go if it has?
Also I've just learned hard way to carry an extinguisher, this could have been put out by me had I carried one!!! Stupid not to!!! Not sure if Seat or insurance will pay but hope somebody does!!!:cry:

RikH

Texas Cowboy
Oct 17, 2005
Yorkshire
jeez
thats right on my commute, and one of the roads we cover on our patch (motorways maintenance of yorkshire).
Where is the car now mate?

RikH

Texas Cowboy
Oct 17, 2005
Yorkshire
were you going south on 606, cos we are doing a multiple occupancy lane there so there is no hardshoulder towards the 62 junction

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
Could of been a lot worse and least your alright. A lesson to others to carry an extinguisher and ensure it's not out of date. I suppose there is no dealer comeback for a fire on a 15K car, take it back to a dealer and tell them to have a look at the engine bay under warranty. Say it's just not running right :lol:

Big_daddy

Going going gone.....
Oct 20, 2006
Brummy
Could of been a lot worse and least your alright. A lesson to others to carry an extinguisher and ensure it's not out of date. I suppose there is no dealer comeback for a fire on a 15K car, take it back to a dealer and tell them to have a look at the engine bay under warranty. Say it's just not running right :lol:

:lol:

The MoffMeister

Half Hoff, Half Moff.
Apr 4, 2006
colchester
makes me think about getting one actually now i have more power etc might be better and safer than sorry type of situation

say to seat "i think a coil pack has gone its running lumpy"...

Mar 18, 2003
In oncoming traffic
Visit site
That's a big fat hairy bummer! It was such a nice underbonnet, too.

All my "shiny bolts" are now "sooty bolts"!!!:cry:
Been out to have another look and its not pretty, lots of burned plastic and wiring, brake master cylinder dont look happy, most covers and hoses melted or burned, plastic belly pan burned away, no water in system cos hoses shot and it dumped all its oil on low loader!!! Anyone got a LARGE bottle of T cut for bonnet? interior stinks really bad!! I'm so sick!!:cry:

ChrisGTL

'Awesome' LCR225
Nov 17, 2007
Huddersfield
Jeepers.

Sorry to hear about your bad news. Must be completely gutting when you have spent so much time looking after it etc.

Saw a brand new golf set itself on fire in Toys'r'us carpark not so long ago, they were unable to put the fireo ut and by time fire engine got there it was a shell.

Was it running standard BHP and Turbo?

Guinness

Finally got the BMW
Nov 29, 2006
Newcastle
funny you should say this I pulled over to help a transit on fire today, car was plowing along with loads of black smoke coming out the back, took the first exit which I was taking and had to abandon it striaght away, lad seemed fine but there was no way I was opening the bonet like.

Benny

Jun 17, 2007
Bradford
ouch! i go down the 606 nearly every other day! il keep a look out for the oil slick :lol:

bad news though fella!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise