Car completly fixed and ROLLING ROAD RESULTS!!!!!

WeeG

Nov 5, 2008
Largs , Ayrshire
Well guys i'm very surprised. I have now got my dpf delete completly fixed, and i had it rolling roaded again by Henry Roy from kilmarnock. Private rolling road but he helped design the first rolling roads in south africa.
Anyway i have had all my cars done there as he and a lot of others have said his road if you are lucky enough to get the opportunity is as close as it gets to true figures without taking the engine out. Here is my brother and my own results:-

STANDARD
leon= 167.8bhp and 261 ft lbs of torque
fiesta= 147.2bhp and 133.1 ft lbs of torque

ANGEL TUNING REMAP (LEON ONLY)
206.1bhp and 321.0 ftlbs of torque

As you can see the standard cars are showing standard power on the roads.

Anyway my car went on today after getting my lambda and egt sensors rectified once and for all.

Here are the new results

CustomCode DPF Delete stage 2- Leon fr tdi(graph in front of me)
Max Power 240.6 bhp(flywheel)
211.2 bhp(wheels)
Max Torque(this is ftlbs not Nm)
432ftlbs(flywheel)
394.4ftlbs(wheel)
The torque is through the roof!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He says i may have to think eventually about uprating the clutch! But he says driving it with mechanical empathy will see me a long way

Very happy with the results!!!!! Unbelievable!!!!!!!:D

I will get the graph up ASAP

Last edited:

Poverty

Well guys i'm very surprised. I have now got my dpf delete completly fixed, and i had it rolling roaded again by Henry Roy from kilmarnock. Private rolling road but he helped design the first rolling roads in south africa.
Anyway i have had all my cars done there as he and a lot of others have said his road if you are lucky enough to get the opportunity is as close as it gets to true figures without taking the engine out. Here is my brother and my own results:-

STANDARD
leon= 167.8bhp and 261 ft lbs of torque
fiesta= 147.2bhp and 133.1 ft lbs of torque

ANGEL TUNING REMAP (LEON ONLY)
206.1bhp and 321.0 ftlbs of torque

As you can see the standard cars are showing standard power on the roads.

Anyway my car went on today after getting my lambda and egt sensors rectified once and for all.

Here are the new results

CustomCode DPF Delete stage 2- Leon fr tdi(graph in front of me)
Max Power 240.6 bhp(flywheel)
211.2 bhp(wheels)
Max Torque(this is ftlbs not Nm)
432ftlbs(flywheel)
394.4ftlbs(wheel)
The torque is through the roof!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He says i may have to think eventually about uprating the clutch! But he says driving it with mechanical empathy will see me a long way

Very happy with the results!!!!! Unbelievable!!!!!!!:D

I will get the graph up ASAP

nearly 600nm that is alot of torque!

WeeG

Nov 5, 2008
Largs , Ayrshire
Yeh i'm actually trying to find the ft lbs to nm convertor just now

432 ft lbs = 585.7142399999Nm

Last edited:

Blade

Aug 31, 2004
Teesside
Think you should start saving for a clutch asap mate. WIth that amount of torque it will last a few weeks tops i suspect.

WeeG

Nov 5, 2008
Largs , Ayrshire
Henry was saying because of the smooth torque curve it should be fine for a good while, i have been driving the car like this for 2k now with no probs. He just said dont be ragging it off the line in 1st all the time. But he did say eventually it will need done.

Blade

Aug 31, 2004
Teesside
I would say its in the mid range where the torque will start to kill your clutch ie,when you plant your foot down in 3rd, 4th etc. at low ish revs. Mine started slipping like that.

WeeG

Nov 5, 2008
Largs , Ayrshire
Yeh, i'll be honest even with my stage 1 remap i've always avoided booting it under 2.5k. I'm really surprised, i just wonder what you think this car will be able to hold it's own against now in real driving terms?

Taipan

Aug 11, 2003
Visit site
Whoahhhh!
I had 240bhp but my torque is about 350. How the hell did they map it to that? Thats massive gains :D
Bet it feels a bit pokey?

Poverty

Just get out on the roads and see what comes along. Let us know if you take any good scalps.:D

haha yeah what blade has said. Just word it carefully or mods will close/delete the thread :lol:

WeeG

Nov 5, 2008
Largs , Ayrshire
Taipan mate, honestly it's AMAZING!!!!! Especially now the sensors are all sorted. It feels like the hand of god pushing you along lol you get the proper pinned in your seat affect!

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Thats an insane amount of torque for the engine and you will find that your clutch and cam may not last very long. You should really be looking at 340-350lb/ft on a PD170.

EDIT: assuming RR results are correct.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members