Carista App

SteveW

Jul 1, 2020
Salisbury, Wiltshire
Ah ok I can turn on coming home lights but they're not automatic since I don't have automatic headlights gotta do it manually but I've still not managed to figure out leaving home lights yet. Let me know how you get on please
From what I've read, the "leaving home" lights can be manually set (this is for when you're leaving the car (car=home)).

But without automatic headlights, the coming home lights won't work (when you're returning to home, ie, going back to the car).

That's how mine currently work in my Leon FR without auto lights. But I've not tried coding it any differently as don't have Carista or anything yet.

Polly

Jan 16, 2019
I need to make some changes. Whats best re enable my Crista or a mates.If so HOW or is it easier to buy another.
Sorry I do not like the OBD11 will not get on with it very well]

Tara

Jan 21, 2008
Bournemouth
Hi
Is there any negative to turning off auto stop/start with the Carista app? Only as I've read it changes the voltage .

Dec 30, 2020
Has anybody managed to disable the exhaust valve through Carista? Having trouble where it just throws out an error saying it lost connection half way through applying the changes.

I read that maybe it is not possible to do on a facelift model. Can anybody confirm?

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Has anybody managed to disable the exhaust valve through Carista? Having trouble where it just throws out an error saying it lost connection half way through applying the changes.

I read that maybe it is not possible to do on a facelift model. Can anybody confirm?
No seats have an exhaust valve. Its all faked through a little speaker called a Sound Actuator so you're not disabling anything.

Dec 30, 2020
No seats have an exhaust valve. Its all faked through a little speaker called a Sound Actuator so you're not disabling anything.

I did not know that! I decided to code out the actuator and I prefer the noise now in cupra mode. The fake noise was just too much.

tee

Jun 14, 2020
Hi can the off road information menu or sports information menu be enabled using carista? I feel like i read somewhere it can be done in the green menu when you hold down menu button for 10secs but i may be wrong, i have a 15 FR 184 DSG thanks in advance

leonhook

Jan 14, 2021
Crowthorne
Hi can the off road information menu or sports information menu be enabled using carista? I feel like i read somewhere it can be done in the green menu when you hold down menu button for 10secs but i may be wrong, i have a 15 FR 184 DSG thanks in advance
I have activated the off road menu using Carista app but not seen the sports info on there as yet. But not looked through the green menu

tee

Jun 14, 2020
I have activated the off road menu using Carista app but not seen the sports info on there as yet. But not looked through the green menu
Would you be able to tell me how you managed to do it? Couldnt see any option for it in the actual carista app when connect to the car. Thanks

leonhook

Jan 14, 2021
Crowthorne
Would you be able to tell me how you managed to do it? Couldnt see any option for it in the actual carista app when connect to the car. Thanks
Open the app
Customise
Display - instruments and dials
Then it’s the last 3 options on the list. You have to do one after the other.
then reset the unit by holding the power button until it comes back on and then it’s in the vehicle menu

Sean Ryan

May 2, 2020
Hey folks,

Is the app worth it? Can the ownership/subscription run out and the changes stay, eg if i did needle sweep and then got rid or the app will it go back to not having it.

Car is 2016 FR ST 2.0 150hp. Has cruise, start stop, carplay etc, don't want to risk compromising those things also.

BillyCool

Jan 16, 2020
Leicestershire, UK
Hey folks,

Is the app worth it? Can the ownership/subscription run out and the changes stay, eg if i did needle sweep and then got rid or the app will it go back to not having it.

Car is 2016 FR ST 2.0 150hp. Has cruise, start stop, carplay etc, don't want to risk compromising those things also.

The dongle is well worth it because it works with other apps as well. I have mine talking to VAG DPF and InCarDoc Pro. With the Carista app, you usually get 30 days free to make any changes. The changes will remain as they are made on the car and not linked to your subscription.

I've always found it very good value for money.

Sean Ryan

May 2, 2020
Is it a
The dongle is well worth it because it works with other apps as well. I have mine talking to VAG DPF and InCarDoc Pro. With the Carista app, you usually get 30 days free to make any changes. The changes will remain as they are made on the car and not linked to your subscription.

I've always found it very good value for money.

Is it a case of purchasing the adaptor (30 euro) and then having to subscribe for 1,3,12 months for additional costs? or is the 30 euro for the adaptor alone and it comes free with the subscription?

BillyCool

Jan 16, 2020
Leicestershire, UK
Is it a

Is it a case of purchasing the adaptor (30 euro) and then having to subscribe for 1,3,12 months for additional costs? or is the 30 euro for the adaptor alone and it comes free with the subscription?

You are just buying the adaptor but I'm pretty sure you get 30 days free Carista App with it. Enough time to have a play before you have to pay a subscription. Even then, you can just pay for a month, which is £10.

G_mac86

Sep 2, 2020
Once in beta can you skip the 'send feedback' part before customising options appear?
Want to change something but don't want to send feedback everytime

Reactions: StumpyLeon

Sean Ryan

May 2, 2020
Hi Folks,

Got the dongle today, Is it possible to still get into the Beta, or has it closed/ended.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.