Carista App

Sep 5, 2022
Not sure there's any sensor at all there, mate. Just took a photo of mine with the sensor in the middle. You'll have a little square if you feel the back of the mirror, that's the auto dimming sensor but that's your lot.
It looks like you are right !!! Just a blank space there ! I wonder if aftermarket light sensor can go there to keep it all looking like from factory

Paulie_Walnuts

Aug 14, 2021
It looks like you are right !!! Just a blank space there ! I wonder if aftermarket light sensor can go there to keep it all looking like from factory
I'm not sure that would be an easy job mate, if you wanted it to look factory fitted. You'd have to change the unit, additional wiring, switch etc.

Reactions: P4ndem1c
Sep 5, 2022
Question regarding dash display color, changed the mmi to be carbon through long press on menu button to enable carbon, any possibility to do same for dash screen ? I saw somewhere people mentioning that door card leds are rgb ? How this can be enabled please ?

leonhook

Jan 14, 2021
Crowthorne
Question regarding dash display color, changed the mmi to be carbon through long press on menu button to enable carbon, any possibility to do same for dash screen ? I saw somewhere people mentioning that door card leds are rgb ? How this can be enabled please ?
Dash screen I think is an no unless your head unit is on a certain software 0515 and above I believe.
and the door card led’s are depending on your model as some are only red or white depending on driving mode (they can be changed in the infotainment settings if available)

Sep 5, 2022
Dash screen I think is an no unless your head unit is on a certain software 0515 and above I believe.
and the door card led’s are depending on your model as some are only red or white depending on driving mode (they can be changed in the infotainment settings if available)
That's my current software, can that be updated ? If yes, how (dealer etc.) and how much this is outdated ?

P.S. Sorry for attacking with so many questions, im a PD guy, first ever owned Seat and a car thats above 2010 plate 🤣

Attachments

• IMG_20220819_080850.jpg
    IMG_20220819_080850.jpg
    484.5 KB · Views: 141

leonhook

Jan 14, 2021
Crowthorne
That's my current software, can that be updated ? If yes, how (dealer etc.) and how much this is outdated ?

P.S. Sorry for attacking with so many questions, im a PD guy, first ever owned Seat and a car thats above 2010 plate 🤣
Highest officially is 0253 but check out @East Yorkshire Retrofits to get the required
software.

what year is your car? That might help with the door card lights

leonhook

Jan 14, 2021
Crowthorne
How come then theres 0515 if official is 0253 ? 🤣 Mine is a 16 plate mk3 still trying to figure out the way people mod new cars 😬
It depends on the hardware as well. Think of a phone that can only go to a certain operating system officially but with a few tweaks can get the newest

How come then theres 0515 if official is 0253 ? 🤣 Mine is a 16 plate mk3 still trying to figure out the way people mod new cars 😬
0516 is the newest for units on the 05xx software train .

0253 is the newest for your unit, unless we perform a modified update.

0479 is the latest we recommend for those with the 6.5" display, 0516 for the 8" display

RGB ambient lighting is fitted to facelifts only.

We can install it on prefacelifts

This is the type of sensor i have, any ideas on what it is ?
If you have automatic climate control but not auto lights and wipers, this will be a humidity sensor.

If you have auto lights & wipers but not auto climate this will be a rain and light sensor

If you have auto lights/wipers & auto climate control, this will be a rain, light & humidity sensor

Please do yourselves a favour and throw carista in the bin. We've had to restore atleast one module back to factory on over 30 cars now thanks to the one click apps breaking things they shouldn't touch at all. If you want to do things yourself, buy OBDeleven at a minimum. Atleast it keeps logs of what it's doing

Sep 5, 2022
It depends on the hardware as well. Think of a phone that can only go to a certain operating system officially but with a few tweaks can get the newest

If you have automatic climate control but not auto lights and wipers, this will be a humidity sensor.

If you have auto lights & wipers but not auto climate this will be a rain and light sensor

If you have auto lights/wipers & auto climate control, this will be a rain, light & humidity sensor

Please do yourselves a favour and throw carista in the bin. We've had to restore atleast one module back to factory on over 30 cars now thanks to the one click apps breaking things they shouldn't touch at all. If you want to do things yourself, buy OBDeleven at a minimum. Atleast it keeps logs of what it's doing
Thank you! Thats helpfull, i would assume i got the humidity sensor only then. Regarding the software updates, i've read on your website that they can be completed remotely ? What would this process involve ? As i got 3.5hrs drive to your shop

Thank you! Thats helpfull, i would assume i got the humidity sensor only then. Regarding the software updates, i've read on your website that they can be completed remotely ? What would this process involve ? As i got 3.5hrs drive to your shop
We prefer people to post the glovebox infotainment unit to us. Doing it remotely consumes more of both our time and your time than necessary and increases the chance of something going wrong 🙂

Apr 5, 2023
Does anyone know if you can still add more colours to the door card ambient lighting on the beta? Have a FR Tech 1.8 2018. Can’t seem to find the option to add more on the app.

jajcek82

Apr 19, 2023
Hi all.
I'm new on this forum and spent a lot of time reading all your posts about Carista and OBDeleven. I'm thinking of getting Carista as it looks more user friendly to me but I'm a bit confused with cars that Carista works on....What I mean is on their web site it says that my car 2016 FR Estate 1.4 TSI ECO is compatible with this device / app , when clicked on Buy now it redirected me to Amazon and on 'amazon confirm fit ' section it says that it doesn't fit my car??
Any of you guys used it on pre-facelift Leon FR?
Mainly all I wanted it for is :
1 to enable cornering lights , I've got full LED headlights, normal bulb fog lamps and rear parking sensors if it makes any difference (again I saw it works on some of your cars but not sure if they are facelifted or preface lift)
2. One press folding mirrors
3 Sweeping Needles
I just want to make sure it works on preface lifted cars before buying it
Any help would be greatly appreciated
Jack

BillyCool

Jan 16, 2020
Leicestershire, UK
Hi all.
I'm new on this forum and spent a lot of time reading all your posts about Carista and OBDeleven. I'm thinking of getting Carista as it looks more user friendly to me but I'm a bit confused with cars that Carista works on....What I mean is on their web site it says that my car 2016 FR Estate 1.4 TSI ECO is compatible with this device / app , when clicked on Buy now it redirected me to Amazon and on 'amazon confirm fit ' section it says that it doesn't fit my car??
Any of you guys used it on pre-facelift Leon FR?
Mainly all I wanted it for is :
1 to enable cornering lights , I've got full LED headlights, normal bulb fog lamps and rear parking sensors if it makes any difference (again I saw it works on some of your cars but not sure if they are facelifted or preface lift)
2. One press folding mirrors
3 Sweeping Needles
I just want to make sure it works on preface lifted cars before buying it
Any help would be greatly appreciated
Jack

I have a 2014 pre-FL 2.0 TDI ST FR and it works fine.

I have one press folding mirrors and needle sweep, as well as a few other things activated.

I do not have cornering fog lights activated but I can see it in the menu.

OBDEleven is arguably better for coding and deeper dive diagnostics, but Carista is plenty good enough for simple on/off mods.

jajcek82

Apr 19, 2023
Thanks for your reply appreciate it
I forgot to add , would visuals for parking pilot also work? I only got beeping sound and it's a bit strange not to have any distance measurement. Only parking sensors I have are the rear ones.
I think OBDeleven is for someone who knows about coding , I don't know anything about it
Thanks for your help

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise