Carista App

Sep 3, 2021
Hey guys;
Looking at 18 FR Tech ST (184) and obviously a lot of this takes my fancy.

Are auto lights / wipers something that can be done on this model? I know it says something about if the sensors are fitted - albeit I’m not sure what I’m looking for (in terms of a sensor), my existing Kuga has a big block by the interior mirror but I can’t seem to see this on a Leon?

G_mac86

Sep 2, 2020
Can I turn off the yellow mode light on a facelift Leon?
Would prefer to have it red like the rest of the button's?

Tinbum51

Jul 27, 2019
Hi, tried to enable the alarm chirp for open and closing with Carista but doesnt work, any ideas anyone do i need to reset settings in the mib.

Car is a 2016 Cupra 290.

BillyCool

Jan 16, 2020
Leicestershire, UK
Hi, tried to enable the alarm chirp for open and closing with Carista but doesnt work, any ideas anyone do i need to reset settings in the mib.

Car is a 2016 Cupra 290.

Not sure. I know that with some features, you need to activate them in Carista and then turn them on in the MIB. I did mine a while ago so can't remember what I did.

paulmeldrum

Aug 4, 2014
Durham
Can anyone advise how I get the carbon backgrounds on a facelift FR, I can't seem to find a debug section to get engineering menu, pressing the power button for 10 seconds didn't do anything, any help or screen shits would be appreciated

R53Winny

Apr 11, 2022
Being new to Seats, this forum and having read a little about Carista. I wonder whether using the App can permanently bork your car up? 😬

I do like the feature for turning off Auto Start (after manually disabling it today), one press mirrors in.

What else are must have features? Just concerned about permanently damaging my ECU or other software in the car! 😬

Thanks

Mar 28, 2022
Sweden
I've just installed the Carista app but it doesnt seem to work with my OBDII adapter "Zus Smart Vehicle Health Monitor Mini". The Carista app just says "faulty adapter" but it does show the battery voltage :unsure: I got the adapter for free so not a big issue but .........

Perhaps i'm doing something wrong. Anyone managed to get the Carista - Zus Smart Vehicle ..... combo working?

BillyCool

Jan 16, 2020
Leicestershire, UK
I've just installed the Carista app but it doesnt seem to work with my OBDII adapter "Zus Smart Vehicle Health Monitor Mini". The Carista app just says "faulty adapter" but it does show the battery voltage :unsure: I got the adapter for free so not a big issue but .........

Perhaps i'm doing something wrong. Anyone managed to get the Carista - Zus Smart Vehicle ..... combo working?

Never heard of the one you are using. I really would recommend that you just buy the Carista dongle. It's worth the money:

Leonfrdiesel184

Apr 18, 2022
Hi everyone just taken delivery of my 2018 184 and just wondered what were the best things to do on the carista app ? Also does the forced regeneration of the dpf actually work and is it recommended. Do you have to drive the car afterwards or does it do it on its own idling ? Thanks again

R53Winny

Apr 11, 2022
Hi everyone just taken delivery of my 2018 184 and just wondered what were the best things to do on the carista app ? Also does the forced regeneration of the dpf actually work and is it recommended. Do you have to drive the car afterwards or does it do it on its own idling ? Thanks again
Personally, like I'm currently doing get to know your car before fiddling!

Reactions: Leonfrdiesel184

BillyCool

Jan 16, 2020
Leicestershire, UK
Why do you need to do a forced regen? I'm not sure I'd want to use the app for that. Is there an underlying issue with the car? A forced regen is last resort if a passive or active regen don't work.

Ref other `tweaks` - my car is 2014 so may be different to yours:

• Ignition on needle sweep
  • Alarm chirp
  • Always on rear DLR
  • Mirror fold on locking

I'm sure there are a couple more but I've forgotten.

Some items you just activate in Carista and others it activates in the car menu and you also need to turn it on using the car menu.

biminibob

Mar 27, 2022
Why do you need to do a forced regen? I'm not sure I'd want to use the app for that. Is there an underlying issue with the car? A forced regen is last resort if a passive or active regen don't work.

• Alarm chirp
  • Always on rear DLR
  • Mirror fold on locking

Some items you just activate in Carista and others it activates in the car menu and you also need to turn it on using the car menu.
If for example on the VAG DPF app I can see it's 90% full and I've got 20 minutes motorway driving left, it would be good to get a regen started. Otherwise by the time it gets to 100% and starts the regen itself I'll be in town traffic.

Wouldn't it be better to get the regen completed on the motorway in that case?

BillyCool

Jan 16, 2020
Leicestershire, UK
If for example on the VAG DPF app I can see it's 90% full and I've got 20 minutes motorway driving left, it would be good to get a regen started. Otherwise by the time it gets to 100% and starts the regen itself I'll be in town traffic.

Wouldn't it be better to get the regen completed on the motorway in that case?
In a word - no.

A regen takes place when the DPF soot level reaches a certain amount, not when you want it to.

Ideally, it would take place when on the motorway, but you can't (shouldn't) try to force it or beat the system. It does it when it's good and ready.

The only time I know of forcing a regen is in a garage when their has been another issue with the car, stopping a passive/active regen and the DPF light has come on and not cleared. There are instances when the DPF will not clear without a forced regen.

I certainly wouldn't want to interfere with the normal operations of the DPF. I'm not even sure if you can undertake a forced regen if the DPF has not reached it's trigger point.

This is all personal opinion and other may say different. (y)

Leonfrdiesel184

Apr 18, 2022

• Alarm chirp
  • Always on rear DLR
  • Mirror fold on locking

Hi mate I do alot of miles bit short trips many stops and it's something I wanted to keep an eye on and if need be force the regeneration before it becomes a problem. My understanding if it starts when you stop the car it won't work and de completely

BillyCool

Jan 16, 2020
Leicestershire, UK
Hi mate I do alot of miles bit short trips many stops and it's something I wanted to keep an eye on and if need be force the regeneration before it becomes a problem. My understanding if it starts when you stop the car it won't work and de completely
If the car cannot complete a regen through either passive or active, the DPF light will eventually come on. At that point you can take it for a 15-20 min run at about 2500 to keep the exhaust nice and hot and let it do a full regen. Thst should reset everything.

My mate has an Octavia TDI and he does lots of short trips. He has had the DPF light come on twice. Doing the above has cleared the DPF light and all was well. Turning the car off mid-regen and what is does next depends on how far through the regen it got. If it had only just got started and you turned it off, it will try again next time you start the car (i.e - DPF is still full and it needs to regen). If it was say 50% complete, the DPF is partly cleaned/empty. It will now wait until it is 100% full again and trigger another regen. Ideally, you would want it to do a full regen but the car can cope. It's designed to regen when it needs to and put the DPF light on if it's struggling and needs help.

I'd be wary of forcing regen if the car is coping. If the DPF light has not come on, then the car doesn't have an overly full DPF.

If you want to see some of the DPF stats - get the VAG DPF app (Android only). That will show you the current status of your DPF.

Like I said - I'm not a professional but I don't think you'd need to force a regen unless the DPF light comes on and a nice spirited drive does not clear it.

Sep 5, 2022
Anyone got around to check all available intrument screen and mmi skins (available through carista)? I tried them all but no difference seen from any of them, anyone got lucky with some of them ?

Paulie_Walnuts

Aug 14, 2021
Hey guys;
Looking at 18 FR Tech ST (184) and obviously a lot of this takes my fancy.

Are auto lights / wipers something that can be done on this model? I know it says something about if the sensors are fitted - albeit I’m not sure what I’m looking for (in terms of a sensor), my existing Kuga has a big block by the interior mirror but I can’t seem to see this on a Leon?
If you have auto lights & wipers, they'll be accessible by default, without you having to "enable" them in Carista. If it doesn't have those functions, there's nothing to enable.

Reactions: P4ndem1c
Sep 5, 2022
If you have auto lights & wipers, they'll be accessible by default, without you having to "enable" them in Carista. If it doesn't have those functions, there's nothing to enable

If you have auto lights & wipers, they'll be accessible by default, without you having to "enable" them in Carista. If it doesn't have those functions, there's nothing to enable.
This is the type of sensor i have, any ideas on what it is ?

Attachments

• IMG_20220907_102529.jpg
    IMG_20220907_102529.jpg
    345.5 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_20220907_102524.jpg
    IMG_20220907_102524.jpg
    415.4 KB · Views: 112

Paulie_Walnuts

Aug 14, 2021
This is the type of sensor i have, any ideas on what it is ?
Not sure there's any sensor at all there, mate. Just took a photo of mine with the sensor in the middle. You'll have a little square if you feel the back of the mirror, that's the auto dimming sensor but that's your lot.

Attachments

• 20220907_105308.jpg
    20220907_105308.jpg
    308.9 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.