Catch tank fitted .....eventually

Jul 29, 2006
cumbria
www.facebook.com
Finally got some pics up of the new catch tank fitted,all seems well so far.
DSC00009.jpg

DSC00010.jpg

DSC00005.jpg

DSC00008.jpg

SalSheikh

Under the Hood
Sep 2, 2009
Midlands, UK
cowie, what does the tank sit on? also can you show more pics of where the pipe is attached (back of engine bay). is there a t-piece in blue and what is it attached to?
thanks.

Phillc

Love is....Yellow
Apr 23, 2007
Pershore, worcestershire
Looking good mate.

cowie, what does the tank sit on? also can you show more pics of where the pipe is attached (back of engine bay). is there a t-piece in blue and what is it attached to?
thanks.

Sal, the one at the back goes to the tip where the old breather pipe went and the "T" piece goes to a plastic fitting that goes into the block, remove the inlet cover and look down its next to the oil filter housing.

Jul 29, 2006
cumbria
www.facebook.com
Here's som pics of where the pipes connect to
This is where the pipe was Teed off down below the manifold.
DSC00012.jpg

A couple of pics of the elbow going into the TIP,i have removed the 'black mushroom' accumulator valve.
DSC00013.jpg

DSC00014.jpg

Sal,the catch tank has a bracket and i have just bolted it to the side of the battery cover.

james,if you mean by PCV removed,i have removed the black'mushroom' accumulator valve.

james walker

cooling is the key people
May 24, 2007
retford notts
i ment have you removed your pcv valve thus eliminating the weak part of the vac system under the inlet manny, but from the first pic i can see its still there.. why the need to remove the accumulator check valve mate?

Jul 29, 2006
cumbria
www.facebook.com
i ment have you removed your pcv valve thus eliminating the weak part of the vac system under the inlet manny, but from the first pic i can see its still there.. why the need to remove the accumulator check valve mate?
Hi mate,I think I only removed because of reading it in some part of one of the catch tank threads,that there was no need for it as such now,as the catch tank was doing the job :shrug:
I haven't removed the pcv valve mate,was hard enough getting to undo the impossible oem clip to plumb that elbow in down there.Are there any good clear pics of this valve,and possible removal of it knocking about on here?

What size is that T piece mate?

That piece showing is an elbow Adam,that and the Tee piece are both 19mm.

james walker

cooling is the key people
May 24, 2007
retford notts
James did you have much of a fight getting to the PCV valve mate? looks a nightmare to me,looks like i've only done half the job then :cry:

havnt done the catch tank mate, but i would remove the pcv valve yes... will be tight under there, look into removing inlet manny to make life easier....

pcv valve itself is a weak point in the system prone to fail, so replacing with silicone is a good move

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise