Choco's Obnoxious Blue 1.2 S.

Chocozai

The Neuroscientist
I've been planning on doing this for a while now. The interior looks pretty bland wrapped completely in black plastic, so I thought I'd liven it up by painting the centre console silver.
This is my story.
I began with removing the Alana stereo - a trip down to Halfords resulted in the kind soul working there using his radio removal key to remove the headunit from the console. Next up was the little flap under the aircon controls, and then the cubby hole neatly slid out. Out came the torx screws, and the console cover popped out.
27032010762.jpg

27032010764.jpg

Next I removed the hazard light and cupholder from the console cover, as they are screwed onto it.
27032010765.jpg

Here it is, primed and ready to be painted in gorgeous Ford Moondust Silver from Halfords.
27032010766.jpg

And here it is, in the current stage. I've left it until tomorrow when I get proper daylight for the final sand down and last few layers of paint, and I'll lacquer it after that.
27032010767.jpg

Last edited:

Wilber

Feb 3, 2010
Belfast
Requires a bit of force, but if you put your hand up behind the HU and make sure the wires arent touching the back of the dash you should get it in ok. Just clicks back in place.

AviTurbo

Beeza FR 2005
Apr 17, 2009
Israel
nice one!
how did you removed the handbrake surround to replace the gaitor?

there are bolts unders the rear cup holder where are the others?

Chocozai

The Neuroscientist
nice one!
how did you removed the handbrake surround to replace the gaitor?

there are bolts unders the rear cup holder where are the others?

Bud, I'm sure it's easier than that. Mine kept pulling off whenever I put it on, so wanted to be replaced. I know the previous owners never un-bolted anything! I believe if you feel around where the handbrake enters the transmission tunnel bit, you'll feel some clips, which when pressed will make the handbrake cover pop off. That's what I gathered from other posts, but I never had to do anything myself, because it came loose by itself! Search for "replace Cupra handbrake" or something, it's a very popular mod on here to replace the original handbrake cover with the fancy red-stitched one from the Cupra!

Chocozai

The Neuroscientist
Okay guys, finally got my Beethy's trick mod in.

A brand-spanking-new (near enough, anyway) MkV Ibiza Cupra interior, courtesy of Mr. Ibizaracebrake!

Not much to say in this post, I simply removed the old seats, and replaced them with the new ones! Rather interestingly, the new Ibiza has the exact same seating and fitting arrangement as the older MkIV, despite being based on a new platform!

02042010787.jpg

Gave the car a good old clean while the seats were out, as well.

Here are the rears, fitted.
02042010790.jpg

And of course, the lovely, lovely fronts!
02042010793.jpg

This was a group effort with help from some members on here, so thanks a lot guys!

rf860

Jan 23, 2010
scotland
So jealous lol! Did you manage to connect the airbags alright? How much did you pay for them if you dont mind me asking?

Chocozai

The Neuroscientist
So jealous lol! Did you manage to connect the airbags alright? How much did you pay for them if you dont mind me asking?

I couldn't seem to find the plug, lol. My originals never had them, so I assumed if they weren't obvious, the basic spec 1.2 never had them! Please don't tell me I'm wrong yet. If they're under the carpet, then I'll do without them, same as I did before, I reckon.

EDIT : On a side note, the cupholder got jammed because of the paint on the centre panel. Hm.

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members